Apr 8, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Hatch Base
Province
BC
Hi. I own a 2000 C5. I get the 28 TCS - C1255 H - EBTCM Internal Malfunction. I have a Delphi D Model 09356961 with a Large M on it. My traction control and ABS light is on. Trying to find out if my module can be repaired because you need a wheel barrel full of money to replace it. It seems that the early C5's have the more expensive fixes than the 01 - 04's. Anybody out there have a good lead as to where I can start looking.

Attachments

• IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    377.1 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    507.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2887.JPG
    IMG_2887.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 98
The EBCM repair is definitely a problem with C5s. I have a 2003 coupe 6 speed and had this problem with mine a couple of years ago. I had it repaired here in North Toronto. The company that repairs electronics on all kinds of vehicles is BBA Reman. They have repair centre's all over the world including several across Canada. Their website is bba-reman.com and they are located at 467 Edgeley Blvd, Concord, Ontario here in the Toronto area. It cost me $250.00 and they guarantee the repair for as long as you own the car. Mine has been working perfectly ever since the repair.
Good luck. By the way you can still drive your car with the module removed you just don't have any traction control, stability control or ABS. Just like old school.
That s something to consider since there is a malfunction on the module itself, I will remove the harness connected to the module. If the Vette start and run without the harness removal of the MODULE will be next. RICKS65 You don't happen to have the number for BBA Reman?

The fix is there but it's the price that's got me grounded. Also nobody north of the 49th seems to want to tackle the job. Especially when GM themselves discontinued the part even though it's a very common problem for the C5's.
The good part is it’s still manageable and fixable. Reading the C8 forum in comparison I’m more comfortable fooling around with my C5. Plus I enjoy my 6 speed. Now that I don’t have my ABS I can do donut and slide all over the place. Having fun is priceless!!! 😎😷 EBCM issue I can leave with it. I’ll get it fixed when this COVID-19 is over and free to travel again. Cheers 🥂😷

I am the original author of the EBCM repair procedure using the Potter & Brumfield relay about 12 years ago. My post was deleted by another forum in the US and rewritten.

Reactions: turbozig
Not worth investigating, this forum stuff is just petty minded individuals behind a multimillion dollar marketing operation.

The world evolves so taking credit for someone else`s research is shortsighted. Not all circuitry is repairable even for the OEM by design. I don`t offer to repair because of liability issues.

If GM or Delphi wants to invest in an authorized automotive electronics repair facility in Canada, I would be glad to talk to them.

Reactions: turbozig
Not worth investigating, this forum stuff is just petty minded individuals behind a multimillion dollar marketing operation.

The world evolves so taking credit for someone else`s research is shortsighted. Not all circuitry is repairable even for the OEM by design. I don`t offer to repair because of liability issues.

If GM or Delphi wants to invest in an authorized automotive electronics repair facility in Canada, I would be glad to talk to them.

Oh oh red alert, you're on to us...

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants