May 21, 2010
Nanaimo BC
VetteCoins
Car
2002 convertible
Province
BC
After several nuisance messages about active handling, ABS and traction control, I removed and sent the EBCM off for repair last week. Installed it today and cleared the codes so hopefully we are good. Anyone else had the same problem?

After several nuisance messages about active handling, ABS and traction control, I removed and sent the EBCM off for repair last week. Installed it today and cleared the codes so hopefully we are good. Anyone else had the same problem?

It is a fairly commom problem with the C5's , but an easy fix as well .

It was one of those "buy it now" deals on eBay. $50 plus shipping to him. Turn around was quick and excellent communication. His name is David Ruberg in Winona MN.

2003 z06 check ABS,TC,and AH

I have just repaired my 2003 z06 it had the warning lights check ABS,AH,andTC.I had the C1214 code pulled,went to dealer Wilson Niblet to have a more comprehensive diagnose for $105.They simply pulled the same code in five minutes and proceeded to try to convince me that I needed a new EBCM and ABS pump.Total cost $5800.Two other service advisors joined in and informed me that these components cannot be repaired and that they routinely do this repair.They were certain these components cannot be repaired and that they both needed replacing.I had the EBCM module refurbished at BBA ref. cost $200 plus tax and $40 to install EBCM.BEWARE of Wilson Niblet Chev ,I will never return there

Common problem with these ECBM`s made by Delphi and not only with the Vette. From my research it appears that they have issues with "cold solder joints" and once repaired are not an issue. Lots of good info on the other forum. I got lucky prolonging the problem by re and re the connector then decided to spend the 50 bucks, so far so good.

ihave the same problem for my car ... iopen the hood and itake off the EBCM iopen that parts and order the relay for 2$ only iadd the new relay and put back EBCM to my cat and it fixed.. that all ....

For info, you can drive the car with the EBCM removed.

Yes, very true. Just remember that you don't have any traction nannies or ABS so be careful.
Oh yeah and if you are driving with it disconnected make sure that you cover the connector with a plastic bag so that dirt and water don't ruin it.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
My EBCM codes were caused by a dirty ground on the left front frame rail. Cleaned it up and codes gone.

That is also one of the symptoms and a quick fix but the problem may come back. It is a fairly quick fix to remove, send it off for repair and I highly recommend it.

I have just repaired my 2003 z06 it had the warning lights check ABS,AH,andTC.I had the C1214 code pulled,went to dealer Wilson Niblet to have a more comprehensive diagnose for $105.They simply pulled the same code in five minutes and proceeded to try to convince me that I needed a new EBCM and ABS pump.Total cost $5800.Two other service advisors joined in and informed me that these components cannot be repaired and that they routinely do this repair.They were certain these components cannot be repaired and that they both needed replacing.I had the EBCM module refurbished at BBA ref. cost $200 plus tax and $40 to install EBCM.BEWARE of Wilson Niblet Chev ,I will never return there

Unfortunately I had a similar incident at WN a few years ago,,,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.