Featured Thread
The lack of engine noise for an electric vehicle is the one thing I question...I suspect it'll be a "no go" for me and if they pipe in "pretend electronic engine noise" I doubt that will be a solution since it'll feel too phoney/fabricated/contrived for a sports car. On top of that, I'm not interested in a vehicle that doesn't have a minimum 4-hour range of operation before recharging, in the colder temperatures we get with our Winters out West. Plus, they have to miraculously improve the power grid to handle a million+ electric vehicles when the manufacturers make nothing but electric. With our hot weather, we're already being told to conserve electricity to avoid depleting the power grid. Finally, when you take into account the power consumption (and where the power comes from, with the exception of a hydroelectric dam) used to manufacture each vehicle, plus the elements used to create the batteries, plus the pollution from disposing of the batteries, I question how much more "environmentally friendly" these electric vehicles truly are. I think we need further technological improvements to change some/all of the foregoing, to make this more viable. My 2 cents.
It certainly costs to make and run electric cars and the effect on the environment is not nothing for sure, but it will be less and there are still hurdles to overcome, but they have several years for that.

• Agree
Reactions: vintageracer
It takes about 60% more ghg to make an EV due to all the mess making the batteries. And given that they do not use entirely ghg free power sources it takes years of driving one just to break even with an ICE vehicle on total emissions. There are more and more studies saying that if you are concerned about the planet you have to look at planetary emissions from cradle to grave. Thus EVs do not look quite a emissions friendly as they would like you to believe. Still the performance enhancement is nothing to sneeze at. Are there any good specifications out there yet for the Eray?

Why sad? Iisn’t it going to be only the front wheels that are electric assist, it will be AWD, and it will have a faster 0-60 than the current C8 models.
It will give a whole new meaning to "HONEY, I'M GOING OUT FOR A WHIZ!"
Then people may be saying "Did you see that car whiz by"
If I go out for a whiz now I make sur I am facing downwind. LOL

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.