Sorry but I took C8 ERAY yesterday. And YOU'RE the person who got C8 Z07 (lol). And you're right: you're stuck putting Alberta plates on an Alberta vehicle...so once someone's spoken for a specific Alberta "vanity plate" it's gone forever in Alberta. I assume it's the same thing for each province. This thread may cause a run on personalized plates in other provinces, given all the great ideas...
Yes I do know "ERAY was taken". I'll say no more who might have it? lol. Yes I do have C8 Z07. Plus a few future plates.......

Attachments

• IMG_9378.JPG
    IMG_9378.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
Just curious do you guys have to pay some decent money to order these custom plates ? Here in Quebec it is around $250 for each plate plus another $35 per year to maintain the plate (keep it tied to you and your account). So could add up if one is stock piling plates while waiting for the car model.

I recall reading that the plate was simply not transferable in Quebec, simply because people were buying them up in the past and reselling them for a markup, making a business out of it (like domain names).

So for Quebec, zero transfer possible and 4 years to activate the plate on a vehicle. Now whether I can land an eRay in the next 4 years is a whole other discussion.
I remember many many years ago when domain names were just starting to get popular that the Potato Growers of Alberta association registered PGA.com. It wasn't too long when they were approached by the PGA golf association and sold them the domain name for $35,000. A few more years and i'm pretty sure they could have gotten substantially more... lol
:chiching::chiching::chiching::chiching::chiching:

• Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
Alberta cost for a personalized plate is $248.25 total ($9 registry fee, plus taxes included, so the 5% gst included in that amount) and after that, there's no additional fee associated with the plate itself...until you go to register it ("attach" it to a vehicle) and then the normal registration fees kick-in, that accumulate each year for any Alberta vehicle registration.

In Saskatchewan Personalized plates are Under $100.00 (don't remember the exact amount) You can transfer it to a spouse or a family member. If you do not put it on a vehicle for 10 years it becomes available to anyone to purchase..

In Saskatchewan Personalized plates are Under $100.00 (don't remember the exact amount) You can transfer it to a spouse or a family member. If you do not put it on a vehicle for 10 years it becomes available to anyone to purchase..
I think that was the Saskatchewan Parties main platform to keep vanity plates affordable for everyone. ;)