Thought I'd start off what will hopefully be a fun thread, giving examples of and ideas for personalized licence plates (aka: "vanity plates):

Just purchased today: C8 ERAY. (yes yes; I plead guilty to no imagination; lol)

ERAY was already taken and the registry person thought a dealer likely snagged it. If it's you or you know who in Alberta has it, let us all know.

For Albertans, you can leave spaces but can't use hyphens. So the plate "E-RAY" isn't possible. That kills those for Alberta. Other provinces might still be fair game.

Another idea I had was HYBRID C8 although that would also apply to the ZORA and perhaps some of the C9 generation.

I've already purchased a plate for a Z06 so I'm admittedly "hedging my bets" but I strongly suspect I'll see an E-RAY allocation long before any Z06.

For those who worry about privacy and don't think plates should be revealed, this thread is NOT for you...

I have a random plate because it’s way harder to remember. Makes it harder for those who perceive my driving to be out of the norm to report “it was a red Ferrari, but I don’t remember the plate number”
Spoil sport! No one asked about opinions on vanity plates. It's a fun thread ON vanity plates!
Get in the game man!

Thought I'd start off what will hopefully be a fun thread, giving examples of and ideas for personalized licence plates (aka: "vanity plates):

Just purchased today: C8 ERAY. (yes yes; I plead guilty to no imagination; lol)

ERAY was already taken and the registry person thought a dealer likely snagged it. If it's you or you know who in Alberta has it, let us all know.

For Albertans, you can leave spaces but can't use hyphens. So the plate "E-RAY" isn't possible. That kills those for Alberta. Other provinces might still be fair game.

Another idea I had was HYBRID C8 although that would also apply to the ZORA and perhaps some of the C9 generation.

I've already purchased a plate for a Z06 so I'm admittedly "hedging my bets" but I strongly suspect I'll see an E-RAY allocation long before any Z06.

For those who worry about privacy and don't think plates should be revealed, this thread is NOT for you...
What Z06 plate did you secure? I tried C8 Z06 and it was taken. I did purchase C8 Z07 and a few future plates for the ZR1 and Zora

What Z06 plate did you secure? I tried C8 Z06 and it was taken. I did purchase C8 Z07 and a few future plates for the ZR1 and Zora

Sorry but I took C8 ERAY yesterday. And YOU'RE the person who got C8 Z07 (lol). And you're right: you're stuck putting Alberta plates on an Alberta vehicle...so once someone's spoken for a specific Alberta "vanity plate" it's gone forever in Alberta. I assume it's the same thing for each province. This thread may cause a run on personalized plates in other provinces, given all the great ideas...

Not even on a list yet for the car but made sure I grabbed the plate well in advance, irrelevant of what happens and whether I get the car or not …
(and yes STNGRAE with an E, STNGRAY was taken, shocked ERAY was not (at the time).

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpeg
    IMG_2511.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 4
Not even on a list yet but made sure I grabbed the plate well in advance, irrelevant of what happens and whether I get the car or not …
(and yes STNGRAY was taken)

Some jurisdictions allow people who own personalized plates, to transfer them to others. Here in Alberta, you can only transfer a personalized plate:

-to an IMMEDIATE family member;
-to the owner of a company, when the plate was purchased for the company;
-when specifically purchased as a gift.

What about other provinces? Are their rules similar to Alberta?

Some jurisdictions allow people who own personalized plates, to transfer them to others. Here in Alberta, you can only transfer a personalized plate:

-to an IMMEDIATE family member;
-to the owner of a company, when the plate was purchased for the company;
-when specifically purchased as a gift.

What about other provinces? Are their rules similar to Alberta?
I recall reading that the plate was simply not transferable in Quebec, simply because people were buying them up in the past and reselling them for a markup, making a business out of it (like domain names).

So for Quebec, zero transfer possible and 4 years to activate the plate on a vehicle. Now whether I can land an eRay in the next 4 years is a whole other discussion.