Jan 26, 2018
Orford, Qc
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette HTC 2023
Province
QC
I have received my E-RAY, probably the first to arrive in Quebec, last week (serial number 00045).
What a nice car! I previously had a C8 2023 HTC Z51 with the FE4 suspension (30,456 km).

After only 250 km on my E-RAY, here are my first comments:
As the E-RAY has bigger wheel diameter, this means that it also has less rubber. You can feel the difference right away as you can feel the imperfection of the road much more intense even with the suspension sets in the comfort mode.
The car has the carbon ceramic brakes as standard. They are probably very good on a track when hot but for regular driving you have to apply a lot more force on the brake pedal to stop the car. I will have to get used to it.
The stealth mode is very pleasant. You can escape the neighborhood in silent. I did 3,8 miles crossing the village in full electric. You have to be very gentle with the accelerator otherwise the combustion engine kicks in.
In normal driving, you can feel that you have an electric motor in the front axle. You have a heavier feeling on the steering wheel.
When you engage the Charge + then the transmission downshift 1 gear and you feel that you are now forcing the front motor to become a generator. The car has much less freewheeling. The battery will recharge in a very short period of time. Probably in less than 3 miles.
On highways at cruising speed, the front motor is not used. The battery stays in the almost full charge status. The electric motor gets involve if you accelerate or if you have to claim a slope.
New in 2024 is the lane keep assist. When active, if you get close to the side line then the car turns the steering wheel a little to get you back in the middle of the road.
Also new in 2024 is the vehicle ahead indicator. It will brake the car to avoid a collision with another car or pedestrian but it has no effect when using the cruise control. It does not convert the cruise control into an adaptative cruise control.
More to come when I will pass the break-in period and be able to get the full power of the car.

Attachments

• DSC_1069.JPG
    DSC_1069.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I have received my E-RAY, probably the first to arrive in Quebec, last week (serial number 00045).
What a nice car! I previously had a C8 2023 HTC Z51 with the FE4 suspension (30,456 km).

After only 250 km on my E-RAY, here are my first comments:
As the E-RAY has bigger wheel diameter, this means that it also has less rubber. You can feel the difference right away as you can feel the imperfection of the road much more intense even with the suspension sets in the comfort mode.
The car has the carbon ceramic brakes as standard. They are probably very good on a track when hot but for regular driving you have to apply a lot more force on the brake pedal to stop the car. I will have to get used to it.
The stealth mode is very pleasant. You can escape the neighborhood in silent. I did 3,8 miles crossing the village in full electric. You have to be very gentle with the accelerator otherwise the combustion engine kicks in.
In normal driving, you can feel that you have an electric motor in the front axle. You have a heavier feeling on the steering wheel.
When you engage the Charge + then the transmission downshift 1 gear and you feel that you are now forcing the front motor to become a generator. The car has much less freewheeling. The battery will recharge in a very short period of time. Probably in less than 3 miles.
On highways at cruising speed, the front motor is not used. The battery stays in the almost full charge status. The electric motor gets involve if you accelerate or if you have to claim a slope.
New in 2024 is the lane keep assist. When active, if you get close to the side line then the car turns the steering wheel a little to get you back in the middle of the road.
Also new in 2024 is the vehicle ahead indicator. It will brake the car to avoid a collision with another car or pedestrian but it has no effect when using the cruise control. It does not convert the cruise control into an adaptative cruise control.
More to come when I will pass the break-in period and be able to get the full power of the car.

Gorgeous ... Congratulations