charliebates

Casual User
You're 5
Mar 20, 2015
Red Deer
VetteCoins
Car
82 Berlina Coupe SE
Off Topic: I've been having a lot of trouble getting on to this CCF. The log in keeps asking for me to "complete two-step verification" again and again until I give up. But I was successful today.

I have restored the 1982 Berlina SE (C3) doing a frame off restoration and the odometer has just turned over 15,000 original miles.
I have installed the Dynamic programmable ECM and have the engine running well enough to drive. The ECM is showing the 23 code and that's for the fresh air sensor and the 1982s didn't have it. Since I'm using a fresh cold air plenum I am looking to install one if possible.
If you can tell me how and what wires to connect to, I would appreciate it. Thx

EBL_Flash

The 1982 350 Crossfire engine is rebuilt and bored .020" over and upgraded with the Renegade intake manifold, 10;1 high compression pistons (STEH631CP30 STERLING PISTONs ), the 12-249-04 comp cam (duration 249/260) C/W matching valve springs and a cold air intake plenum .
The injectors and throttle bodies are stock and have never been adjusted from the factory set up.

Who would be best to tune the new ECM for me in or about Red Deer ?
I'm new to this. If anyone can tell me how long should it take to program and how much is a fair price to tune, I would sure appreciate it.

I have talked to a local company that mostly tunes and dyno-tunes imports and tells me it will take a day to set up with sensors plus another day to complete the tune. They charge $140/hour and if 2 days that could cost $2240 plus the GST. Is this a fair price to pay? Like I said, I'm new to this.

Thx, John

Off Topic: I've been having a lot of trouble getting on to this CCF. The log in keeps asking for me to "complete two-step verification" again and again until I give up. But I was successful today.

I have restored the 1982 Berlina SE (C3) doing a frame off restoration and the odometer has just turned over 15,000 original miles.
I have installed the Dynamic programmable ECM and have the engine running well enough to drive. The ECM is showing the 23 code and that's for the fresh air sensor and the 1982s didn't have it. Since I'm using a fresh cold air plenum I am looking to install one if possible.
If you can tell me how and what wires to connect to, I would appreciate it. Thx

EBL_Flash

The 1982 350 Crossfire engine is rebuilt and bored .020" over and upgraded with the Renegade intake manifold, 10;1 high compression pistons (STEH631CP30 STERLING PISTONs ), the 12-249-04 comp cam (duration 249/260) C/W matching valve springs and a cold air intake plenum .
The injectors and throttle bodies are stock and have never been adjusted from the factory set up.

Who would be best to tune the new ECM for me in or about Red Deer ?
I'm new to this. If anyone can tell me how long should it take to program and how much is a fair price to tune, I would sure appreciate it.

I have talked to a local company that mostly tunes and dyno-tunes imports and tells me it will take a day to set up with sensors plus another day to complete the tune. They charge $140/hour and if 2 days that could cost $2240 plus the GST. Is this a fair price to pay? Like I said, I'm new to this.

Thx, John

You need to go into your account settings and disable 2 step verification if you're having issues using it.

Sorry Charlie... I can't help other than to give the Red Deer speed shops a call. Maybe try Steve at Davenport in Calgary.... At the least he may be able to point you in a direction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.