So I have a problem with dust sticking to the car šŸ˜  before someone tells me this is normal, I have a friend who drives a black Vette like mine but he doesnā€™t have this problem. We went for a cruise yesterday and after about 3 hours my car was covered in dust and you can count the dust on his šŸ˜‚. Both our cars are ceramic coated and ppfā€™d. The only thing I can think of is I recently started using detail spray as a drying agent to prevent water spots.
Does anyone else have this issue?
I had used the fastwax spray wax from Costco on my gen 5 Camaro it worked great. I was using Lucas Slick Mist on my black c6 it also worked great. I have used the fastwax on the corvette for the first couple of shines this year and it equals the slick mist but buffs up quicker with the yellow microfibre, also from Costco. The static dust accumulation is about the same. The static strap idea is easy and inexpensive enough to try. What that old saying, ā€œcouldnā€™t hurt!ā€.

So I have a problem with dust sticking to the car šŸ˜  before someone tells me this is normal, I have a friend who drives a black Vette like mine but he doesnā€™t have this problem. We went for a cruise yesterday and after about 3 hours my car was covered in dust and you can count the dust on his šŸ˜‚. Both our cars are ceramic coated and ppfā€™d. The only thing I can think of is I recently started using detail spray as a drying agent to prevent water spots.
Does anyone else have this issue?

What brand of Ceramic Coating was applied to the vehicle?
What brand of PPF and film was installed on the vehicle?

Was the PPF also Ceramic coated? If so, with what?

The detailer being used might the culprit here as well; For example, BeadMaker, although cost effective and leaves a slick, glossy finish it tends to attract a heck of a lot of dust from what I've tested and noticed.
"Quick Detailers" tend to have a lot of silicone and carrier solvents which leave a smooth finish also help allow dust to stick to paint.

The detailer being used might the culprit here as well; For example, BeadMaker, although cost effective and leaves a slick, glossy finish it tends to attract a heck of a lot of dust from what I've tested and noticed.
"Quick Detailers" tend to have a lot of silicone and carrier solvents which leave a smooth finish also help allow dust to stick to paint.

Feynlab ceramic coat and the ppf is expel ultra also ceramic coated. The detail spray I was using is the 3D brand pink detail spray. I do believe it was the detail spray because on my last wash I tried to use the detail spray only to get rid of some spots from the soap getting blown by master blaster as opposed to wiping the whole car down. I barely see any dust on the car now.

Feynlab ceramic coat and the ppf is expel ultra also ceramic coated. The detail spray I was using is the 3D brand pink detail spray. I do believe it was the detail spray because on my last wash I tried to use the detail spray only to get rid of some spots from the soap getting blown by master blaster as opposed to wiping the whole car down. I barely see any dust on the car now.

Alright, good choices all around.
Did you opt for the TopCoat option? After having worked with PPF so many times I add Ceramic Lite on top of the PPF and of course TopCoat on top of the non-PPF, Ceramic Coated panels. All this comes at an extra cost though. Works wonders when it comes to dust. Don't need any detailers or anything like that.
The Pink Detailer is OK at best man, full disclosure I get most of my products from 3D but this one just isn't that great, I ended up using it as a claybar lubricant lol.

I tried the Lucas stuff once and hated it...seemed ā€œgreasyā€. Maybe will have to pull it out and try again. No matter what product you use, polishing a fiberglass car, creates static that will attract dust.
I've been using it for years Vegas and haven't found it greasy. I apply a bit different than most, I apply to the entire car, wipe it on good, and then put the slick mist away and start buffing from the start . I don't try to spray on and buff sections at a time. That's one of the things I like about it. Not having to do the car in sections.

Reactions: Vegas1500

Have to disagree. First I wouldnā€™t call Bead maker a detail spray as itā€™s designed to be used once the car is clean and corrected. I find it to be one of the best anti static finishes Iā€™ve tried......each their own I guess.

Alright, good choices all around.
Did you opt for the TopCoat option? After having worked with PPF so many times I add Ceramic Lite on top of the PPF and of course TopCoat on top of the non-PPF, Ceramic Coated panels. All this comes at an extra cost though. Works wonders when it comes to dust. Don't need any detailers or anything like that.
The Pink Detailer is OK at best man, full disclosure I get most of my products from 3D but this one just isn't that great, I ended up using it as a claybar lubricant lol.

What do you recommend for cleaning up stubborn soap streaks coming out of side mirrors, rear window, rear spoiler and brake lights etc.?

What do you recommend for cleaning up stubborn soap streaks coming out of side mirrors, rear window, rear spoiler and brake lights etc.?

What soap are you using thats causing heavy streaking on coated paint?
Shouldn't have anything really streaking, and from experience if its streaking you probably aren't rinsing or flushing with water enough.

Have to disagree. First I wouldnā€™t call Bead maker a detail spray as itā€™s designed to be used once the car is clean and corrected. I find it to be one of the best anti static finishes Iā€™ve tried......each their own I guess.

Oh don't get me wrong, I have about 3 cases of it left and well over 12 gallons in product. Its considered to be a Spray Sealant, to me its still a quick detailer, it does a great job but when I have my Vette and my Explorer side by side I can definitely tell which one had Beadmaker on it and which one didn't.

Being in the business, I always test products and durability, Beadmaker is definitely up there.

What soap are you using thats causing heavy streaking on coated paint?
Shouldn't have anything really streaking, and from experience if its streaking you probably aren't rinsing or flushing with water enough.
I use mr pink. But my issue is from the soap suds that get stuck in the crevices. Everywhere else on the surface is fine but as we all know, after the car had been dried, all that trapped water and suds come out. I guess I havenā€™t been rinsing well enough I dunno but I always have suds hiding in weird places.

Different waxes can case dust to stick or settle to the car easier. Some leave like a static cling. Use a california duster and some good detailing spary. I have also found Zaino detracts from dust. I have used it for years and love it. It can be ordered from Kitchener ontario and they ship fast and easy. Good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.