I realize that this is a C7 question but if Mike can post here so can I. 😁

Here is how I do mine. Through the indent in the door sill and plug into the 12v plug. I use a Noco 3500.
08D67676-E7D0-40B8-962B-790249F34C38.jpeg

I realize that this is a C7 question but if Mike can post here so can I. 😁

Here is how I do mine. Through the indent in the door sill and plug into the 12v plug. I use a Noco 3500.View attachment 32196
I neglected to look at what forum this topic was posted in. Figured it would be ok as it’s regarding tenders.

Thought I would update on my testing of hooking up the battery tender. I determined that due to the slight variance in the panel lines that it was best to route the charger wire out the side of the hatch as shown in an earlier post as the panel gap was a bit wider. While the seal does give a little i was still not happy with how tight the fit was and the strain on the wire. The next test was to hang the cable out the back of the hatch and then close it but not latch it. As suggested I went to grab a coffee and came back to check and sure enough the inside hatch lights went out after 10 minutes. So I think that is the way I will go over the winter. Throw the cover on it and have the maintainer sitting on a stand up off the floor so I can easily check the status lights. Have included a photo of what it looks like.

Attachments

• Maintaner Cord.JPG
    Maintaner Cord.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 24
Hibernation Life kept simple.
Hatch is closed ... never an issue.
Happy Hibernation y’all ☹

View attachment 32404

View attachment 32405
Is the plywood under the tires helpful? Mine will likely be stored very soon in an unheated garage, and of course I would like to do all I can to keep my baby safe during hibernation.
Dale.

I have 32 of those DriCor subfloor 2' x 2' panels and made a complete floor to put the car on. I did that so no moisture would come through the concrete and up into the car. (those have plastic layer toward the ground that allows for air movement). Just screwed a piece of 1 x 3 strapping down each side and across the front and back to hold it all together then put the car on top of it with 2' x 2' pieces of Styrofoam SM under each of the tires. Took it apart in the spring and stacked them all up on top of each other and only took up 2' x 2' of space in the corner of the garage for storage. Along with those Dri Z Air moisture wicking thingies and a few drier sheets inside....all good. The only thing i think i would do differently would be to check and change out the Dri Z Air half way through the winter, as they were completely full in March when I took them out.

Last winter I would plug in the battery tender every weekend but this year I will leave power on it constantly.

Reactions: 12cents
Is the plywood under the tires helpful? Mine will likely be stored very soon in an unheated garage, and of course I would like to do all I can to keep my baby safe during hibernation.
Dale.
They are 2ft by 2ft (approx) basement subfloor panels that i bought at home depot. The plywood gets raised by a high strength plastic wafer system thats glued to it. These panels are used in basement development so that floor finishes are not just applied to the concrete slab (making it warmer on the toes). I actually have my 1972 Brunswick 1inch slate pool table on this system in my basement.
They are not cheap like others claim their “styrofoam systems” to be ... just an easy and simple store bought solution that are pretty easy to drive up on and that follows a simple engineering principle of separating tire rubber from the cold thermal mass of the concrete. My garage is unheated 🥶 Calgary (Alberta) air is mainly “dry” and winter can be real cold ... but no need for added moisture or humidity measures here.
(Yes a couple of “fancy” words that I have from my Architectural & Engineering background) ... real easy to store out of the way in the summer too. 😁👍🏻

32AA21C6-9391-40A2-9EC0-1F416C9A0816.jpeg
EA2319E8-B7F0-448D-BEAF-75CC12D8CD75.jpeg

Last edited:
They are 2ft by 2ft (approx) basement subfloor panels that i bought at home depot. The plywood gets raised by a high strength plastic wafer system thats glued to it. These panels are used in basement development so that floor finishes are not just applied to the concrete slab (making it warmer on the toes). I actually have my 1972 Brunswick 1inch slate pool table on this system in my basement.
They are not cheap like others claim their “styrofoam systems” to be ... just an easy and simple store bought solution that are pretty easy to drive up on and that follows a simple engineering principle of separating tire rubber from the cold thermal mass of the concrete. My garage is unheated 🥶 Calgary (Alberta) air is mainly “dry” and winter can be real cold ... but no need for added moisture or humidity measures here.
(Yes a couple of “fancy” words that I have from my Architectural & Engineering background) ... real easy to store out of the way in the summer too. 😁👍🏻

View attachment 32416View attachment 32417
Very cool. I’m going to go shopping for some of those before I store the car.

I bought a motomaster charger as the corvette one was too expensive. I ordered the cigarette lighter adaptor from amazon and it works great. When I store the car I put a towel down so the hatch does not close and I just pulled the rear interior hatch lights out. I shot a vid of the review of the motomaster battery charger and how I hooked it up. I tested it on my motorcycle first and it worked. Full disclosure - mu youtube channel is not monetized so I don't get paid anything for views. I could get a million views and it would not make a difference. So this is shared to help members, I'm not selling anything.

Thanks!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.