I have never priced the fuel level resister.The first thing I would do is replace it if it is cheap.Pulling the hanger and pump out is a simple job.Anyone who has changed a carb or valve cover should be able to do it.The tank does not have to come out.If you have a mechanic you trust he should charge you 2 hours or less.My gauge was acting up when I first bought my C5.I already had the pump out to upgrade it to a Walbro.I bought a small pen at a large electronic supply warehouse which is made to clean resisters.It has a short brush on the end made or fiberglass strands.You just rub the resister with the pen and it strips off any contamination.If you have some gas tank cleaner or toluene that would also help while using the brush.While you have the pump out you can put your hand in the tank and feel around for any dirt and remove.Just put some motor oil on your hand and the dirt will stick to it.It worked for me.
Good luck.

I had the same problem on my 02 a couple of years back and ever since I started using our GM Fuel System Treatment every so often I haven't had a problem since. I use it in all my cars and have had great success with it.

If anyone wants to try it, let me know. The regular price on a 591ml bottle is $26.35 but I will sell them to anyone here for $14.19 if you mention the words "Car Club".

Thanks,
Rob

That's a good price, I just bought a bottle of it at the local GM dealer, he gave me a discount, but still cost me $20.00! I'll have to stop in and get a couple next time I'm in that area...

chevron is best gas in bc 94 octane and lots of cleaners in it techron,best there is!!! pure gas too,not 94 octane with ethanol like out east and in sask

I bought my car last summer and like Riley the fellow before me probably wasn't as fussy about what gas he put in. That said I've been using Petro Canada the super it hasn't been a problem till the last tank before I put it away before the snow:swear:but it did do the 1/2 full till I got home and it went back to full. I thought it was just that I hadn't driven it for a couple weeks. I guess I should redeem my Petro points and switch to Cheveron for both vehicles.

If we had Chevron available in Sask, that is where I would go. As stated above, the highest grade we can get without ethanol is 91. Husky has 94 but, it also has up to 10% ethanol. Boo.

I do wish we had E85. I would run that! 105 octane! Imagine the compression or boost you could run!

Reactions: LSXtasy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.