No corvettes in my personal history, sorry.
My 'early days' of driving were filled with the 'muscle cars' of the late 60's/70's. GTO's, Camaro's, 442's - but never enough money for a decent corvette.
Everything in the past few years has been built by Mercedes (AMG C63, AMG E53, AMG GLE 63, GLE 450).
Driving? Sure, I guess. We've crossed Canada 3 times, and travelled up to the Yukon, always in the Winter.
We own a 25 ft Mercedes/Airstream Class 'B' RV that presents itself as a kite on a windy day - this definitely requires 'driving'.
Racing? Nope. Closest I've gotten to that is on the track in Vegas in a Lamborghini, but that hardly counts.
If riding gets points, I also have a Harley Breakout (114 in3).

In the short term, I will probably place a few more deposits with some of the recommended dealers, thank you.
My 'medium term solution' is that I may pick up a slightly used C8, however, I'm not in a rush. I'm also a bit tight for space right now.
Long term - If I thought that a $20,000.00 (or more) 'gratuity' would guarantee my timelines with the dealer, I could certainly cover it, but I would not.
What I would do is send the dealership, and GM, a 'friendly' note, together with pictures of my Mercedes AMG SL 63 'replacement'.
A lot of hard working people wait far too long for a system like this to be compromised, just because someone has a few extra bucks to throw around.

Guys, at the end of the day, I'm only trying to buy a really nice car.
DW, nice to see another person from my city join us on here. Do you know how to PM me so we can talk?

@Mr.Corvette go to @DW Ruby and his account allow your cursor to hover over the avatar that will give you the option to start a private message with the other party. You see an envelope at the top right of the screen, if it shows up with a number you have a message.
Yes, I sent him a message before I saw your reply. Thanks

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
The more I learn about these lists, the less I feel I know.

I'm on an E-Ray list and a Z06 list, at my 'smaller' local dealer (Finch, London).
I'm also on an E-Ray list and a Z06 list, at one of the 'major' dealerships (Cullen, St. Catherines).
If I were to 'hedge my bets' with 1 more list, I'm curious to know the opinion of the members as to where that should be?

Also, what happens to these lists, be it for an E-Ray, a Z06, or a Stingray, when GM decides to revamp the model?
I'm sure this has come into play on numerous occasions in the past for some of the more seasoned members here.

The more I learn about these lists, the less I feel I know.

I'm on an E-Ray list and a Z06 list, at my 'smaller' local dealer (Finch, London).
I'm also on an E-Ray list and a Z06 list, at one of the 'major' dealerships (Cullen, St. Catherines).
If I were to 'hedge my bets' with 1 more list, I'm curious to know the opinion of the members as to where that should be?

Also, what happens to these lists, be it for an E-Ray, a Z06, or a Stingray, when GM decides to revamp the model?
I'm sure this has come into play on numerous occasions in the past for some of the more seasoned members here.
There have not been lists prior to C8 that were measured in years. Since you are on a list with Cullens, I honestly don’t think there is a need to get on a 3rd dealer’s list

I was in the same boat trying to purchase my C8 that I just picked up last Thursday. My local dealer that I trusted told me that their list was longer than I would like. I then placed an order with Cullen #139. Since everyone said to go on multiple lists I called Finch and spoke to Morgan. He was great and informed me that I would be waiting longer on his list. I then called Rob at Scherer. He was great informative and very trusting. I have him a deposit #12. He put the order into the system where Cullen didn't even want to talk to me if I wasn't sitting at under #20. Rob saved me the luxury tax by entering my order (so grateful). I did get my deposit back with Cullen very easily once I received the allocation at Scherer. You can find an easier path if you look hard enough. Just be careful. I did talk to some that I did not feel comfortable with. Good luck on your journey!

I was in the same boat trying to purchase my C8 that I just picked up last Thursday. My local dealer that I trusted told me that their list was longer than I would like. I then placed an order with Cullen #139. Since everyone said to go on multiple lists I called Finch and spoke to Morgan. He was great and informed me that I would be waiting longer on his list. I then called Rob at Scherer. He was great informative and very trusting. I have him a deposit #12. He put the order into the system where Cullen didn't even want to talk to me if I wasn't sitting at under #20. Rob saved me the luxury tax by entering my order (so grateful). I did get my deposit back with Cullen very easily once I received the allocation at Scherer. You can find an easier path if you look hard enough. Just be careful. I did talk to some that I did not feel comfortable with. Good luck on your journey!
What was the time interval between your deposit with Scherer and delivery?

There have not been lists prior to C8 that were measured in years. Since you are on a list with Cullens, I honestly don’t think there is a need to get on a 3rd dealer’s list
Sure there were. I ordered a 2014, and had to wait over a year. Got a 2015. About 15 month wait for a Z51 2015.

I tried to get on a second E-Ray list. Since I haven't bought a C8 Stingray from them and have no interest in ordering a new Stingray through their dealership they would NOT put me on their E-Ray list. Pretty cocky if you ask me!

Obviously it's still a seller's market out there!!! I don't see that changing with any of the performance based cars going forward now. Not sure what's more frustrating, trying to buy a new Rolex or a new Corvette.....

Reactions: DavidWG
I tried to get on a second E-Ray list. Since I haven't bought a C8 Stingray from them and have no interest in ordering a new Stingray through their dealership they would NOT put me on their E-Ray list. Pretty cocky if you ask me!

Obviously it's still a seller's market out there!!! I don't see that changing with any of the performance based cars going forward now. Not sure what's more frustrating, trying to buy a new Rolex or a new Corvette.....
I get the Corvette, but a Rolex? How fast does it do 0-60? ;)

I bought my first Corvette in 1967. I currently own a C3 and a C7.
In 2020 I visited three dealers in my area looking to order a C8. When I finally arrived at the third dealer, Brian Cullen, I was introduced to the reality of the program. They explained that they had allocations for 85 C8’s, they had deposits for 200 cars. At that time they had no idea if they would even get 85 cars, heck they didn’t even know GM could build 85 cars considering all the plant shut downs and parts shortages.
I had waited almost a year for my C7, so I returned home, went out in my garage and looked at my two beauties sitting in my garage and decided I was a pretty lucky guy and, so far, that pretty much ended my desire for a C8.

Fascinating hearing all the stories and the “strategies”. I went to Cullen earlier this past week and got on their list. I asked what number I was on the list...was told it is around 200 but that’s not the question to ask. I was asked if I wanted a Z51. If the answer is yes, sit tight and I’d be informed when an allocation came available. However, if non-Z51, get my build to them ASAP. Was told most of the constraints are Z-51 now and most people want that package as it is a bargain for what you get. Interesting...it kinda implies that the timeframe for a non-Z51 could be shorter although there may be other reasons they want to capture the build data. Regardless, I’d already decided not to go Z-51 so I’m headed back to discuss my build options...will see what happens.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.