Does Your province Offer a Seasonal Vehicle Licence Plate

• Total voters
What if you have a truck that you only want to run in the winter?:D

With SGI, I am not sure about a "seasonal" plate. Most people just run plates during the summer than have storage insurance, or an "autopak" on their car for the winter....unless your car is old, then it's cheap to keep licensed all year round.

ummmmm then I guess the seasonal truck plate would be good from Nov 1- Mar 31 :D

The only reason I run the seasonal plate, IMO, the C6 lines are ruined with the GM front licence plate holder installed. Although the car is now licenced for the road, I keep insurance on it year round. The whole 9 yards when it's licensed, and storage or autopak when in hibernation. Now there are after market holders that fit quite nicely in the front, in the grille. Why have a plate if you don't need one. :coolgleam:

Last edited:
Register your car early...

I run seasonal plate in New Brunswick and have discovered just today that if you register your car on or after April 1st, you must fill out a form supplied by Service New Brunswick and a fifty dollar fee it tacked on to the cost of the registration. So be sure to renew your registration before April 1st and save fifty bucks.

I run seasonal plate in New Brunswick and have discovered just today that if you register your car on or after April 1st, you must fill out a form supplied by Service New Brunswick and a fifty dollar fee it tacked on to the cost of the registration. So be sure to renew your registration before April 1st and save fifty bucks.

Sorry to tell you this, from one Paul to another :D. They did tell me up front last year, that it would cost me an extra $50.00 in 2010..and beyond, but it's worth it (IMO) not having to run a front plate. I ordered a personalized plate, and picked it up a few weeks ago, but they wouldn't give me the sticker until April 1, and mentioned the Xtra 50.00 fee. Here is my plate, but notice it doesn't have the 2010 sticker yet :(
picture.php

Hmmmm... Did you get your plate through the Dieppe SNB by any chance? (Here I am assuming you're from the Greater Moncton area...) I got my stickers at the Moncton branch (one for the rear plate and one for the windshield...) I mentioned that the fifty dollar surcharge was a bit ludicrous. A phone call was made and the result was that the surcharge only took effect after April 1st, contrary to what the Dieppe branch told me last fall. I paid $62 for my registration and got my 2010 stickers.

Hmmmm... Did you get your plate through the Dieppe SNB by any chance? (Here I am assuming you're from the Greater Moncton area...) I got my stickers at the Moncton branch (one for the rear plate and one for the windshield...) I mentioned that the fifty dollar surcharge was a bit ludicrous. A phone call was made and the result was that the surcharge only took effect after April 1st, contrary to what the Dieppe branch told me last fall. I paid $62 for my registration and got my 2010 stickers.

Wow....good job Paul...I got ripped then. I was dealing with the Hampton branch. I'm from Quispamsis..maybe I should have did it in Saint John :( Glad it worked for you.
Regards,
Paul

Same scenario for next year, don't let them bully you into that surcharge if you go before April 1st. It's not like it's a lot of money but way better to take your girl out for supper than to give it to Shawn Graham. Just in passing, you're kinda driving my dream car, color is right too!

Same scenario for next year, don't let them bully you into that surcharge if you go before April 1st. It's not like it's a lot of money but way better to take your girl out for supper than to give it to Shawn Graham. Just in passing, you're kinda driving my dream car, color is right too!

I just licensed today...and got charged the $50.00, but the lady at the office said they found out a few weeks ago that it would'nt be charged until April 1...it's almost like they were trying to keep it a secret :( I will definitely be there before April 1 next year...kicking and screaming :swear:

Last edited:
It is time to drop front plates in New Brunswick

It is time to drop front plates in New Brunswick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP1CFTJffa0

Please watch the video. It would be helpful if you post a comment. We need your help to show just how many people do not want a front plate.