Does this look like a stuck thermostat?

Messages
392
Reaction score
90
VetteCoins
1,508
Car
1984 Z51
I have coolant leaking on an 84 corvette. Looks to me like it’s got staining leaking from the thermostat housing. The car overheated and red light came on 265 degree. I made it home.
IMG_0540.webp
 
I have coolant leaking on an 84 corvette. Looks to me like it’s got staining leaking from the thermostat housing. The car overheated and red light came on 265 degree. I made it home.
View attachment 143713
New thermostat is pretty cheap. And pretty quick to change . Probably about a 2 beer job ..... ;)
 
Looking at the pics the radiator hose is swollen, will need to find a 84 corvette upper radiator hose.
Shouldn't be a problem. There are a ton of listings for custom built and universal rad hoses. Even Amazon...

 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top