May 3, 2018
Aurora
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
Corvette apparel (specifically polo/golf shirts) in TALL sizes for any generation of Corvette - I have a C7 but would go for a different gen if no other option is available?

I am just under 6'5". If you ever want a good chuckle just watch me try to get in to my C7. Regular sizing for shirts transforms me into the Magilla Gorilla appearance just in terms of body length.

The GM supplier, CHOKO, is located only a few Km's from me, and I contacted them to inquire, but they don't have any Tall sizes. I've looked through every Corvette parts/accessories vendor online both in Canada and the U.S. with no luck. Amazon is a strike-out in both the U.S. and Canada.

Anybody else have the same issue which they've managed to resolve?

Thanks,

Late Life Crisis.

Other than custom embroidering/imprinting your tall size clothing (which may stretch GM copyrights), I don't know of anyone selling tall size Corvette apparel LLC. This coming from someone who can tuck their shirt into their socks though.

Reactions: Bixter44 and Tinman
Hello LLC ....
You might want to try local Corvette Clubs in your area ....
Most Corvette clubs have embroidery business that do custom embroidering for their clubs ...
Some will even allow you to bring in your own clothing to have embroidering ...
I do that for Stoney Creek Corvette Club ...

Hello LLC ....
You might want to try local Corvette Clubs in your area ....
Most Corvette clubs have embroidery business that do custom embroidering for their clubs ...
Some will even allow you to bring in your own clothing to have embroidering ...
I do that for Stoney Creek Corvette Club ...

Thanks, Bucks. I am a member of a local club (Whitby/Pickering/Oshawa area), but I don't know if they have an embroidery connection. Club meeting for January is in a couple of weeks, I'll check into it then.

You might also try calling the National Corvette Museum or Chevy Mall if you haven't already to see if they have anything that would work for you.

This ^^^^^ turned out to be my best bet for anything "TALL" sized in shirts. I emailed NCM/Corvettestore.com and inquired, they replied pretty quickly to tell me that while they don't carry these in-stock generally, they have access to at least one brand which does have tall sizes for several of their men's apparel lines. Cutter & Buck branded shirts were mentioned specifically, I was to email with a preferred SKU number from the Corvettestore website and they would then check with their vendor.

While I can't take advantage of the offer at this time, since my plan was to get them sent to my employer's U.S. office in Wisconsin but the process for tall with NCM would take quite a few weeks (I was led to believe) and I'll be back in Canada by then, I will keep it in mind for another business trip in a few months. I was trying to avoid the usurious shipping costs/duties/taxes when products cross the border, with the poor Canadian dollar right now, the costs would just about be doubled when shipping when the nearly 1.4 currency exchange multiplier is added to the courier/duties/taxes at this time.

Something to keep in mind for anybody else with the "Tall Gene" handicap.

Late Life Crisis

The USDollar exchange and the Shipping Costs are on the minds of most everyone in Canada. It’s what makes the price effective calculation of T-shirts thru to Carbon Fibre parts a mathematical algorithm ... especially when the Brown Truck is involved.
I have a good high school friend I ship to in Omaha and then I get the pleasure of a trip to visit him ... it’s just that visits are not as frequent as “household online shopping habits” demand 😁. So I have resorted to embracing outlets that might cost a bit more for the t-shirts and parts but then effectively ship by USPS. Then all I have to worry about is supplier ethics and credibility 🙄 ... Keep us posted ... 😁👍🏻

Last edited:
If I have to have something shipped to my house in Canada I specify that they must use USPS & Canada Post which avoids most of the high customs fees. Otherwise I'll wait and get stuff shipped to my house in Arizona to arrive while were are there for the winter.

If I have to have something shipped to my house in Canada I specify that they must use USPS & Canada Post which avoids most of the high customs fees. Otherwise I'll wait and get stuff shipped to my house in Arizona to arrive while were are there for the winter.
the ideal way to do it when the Brown truck is avoidable and if you have the means :thumbs: ...
otherwise one finds themselves being a Canada Goose at the mercy of laying a golden egg
for UPS shipping costs & importing fee crap.
(let alone packages always being run over by one of the UPS trucks - with damage or tire tracks on it)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread