It would take some serious drag slicks to hook up and they are not much of an option on the street. One light shower of rain will tell you why. It is like driving on grease......literally. Been there, done that. Never again. I can see a good AWD setup under some of these cars. Go for a ride in an AWD Nissan GTR to see what I mean.

It would take some serious drag slicks to hook up and they are not much of an option on the street. One light shower of rain will tell you why. It is like driving on grease......literally. Been there, done that. Never again. I can see a good AWD setup under some of these cars. Go for a ride in an AWD Nissan GTR to see what I mean.

remember though back in the day keith how much fun it was steerin' with yer right foot !!! :rofl:

A 4439 lb curb weight???? Anyway to put that car on a diet? Maybe spend a little money on construction materials outside of cast iron/steel. Has Chrysler heard of aluminium? Science fiction/fantasy materials like carbon fiber? Maybe this Hellcat is the armoured/bullet proof version for VIPS's and there is a 3200 lb version for normal people to buy??!!

Cheers,

Garry

I don't mean any disrespect but the Challengers always been kind of a pig for weight.

They may be able to pull a couple hundred pounds out of the Challenger but Chevy put the Camaro on a pretty good diet for the Z/28 and only dropped a couple hundred pounds. So, with the addition of a supercharger and other heavy duty items to hold that power, I doubt they would be able to get it under 4,000 lb....but still. 707hp would be awesome!!!!

This is a pretty fun read - Revisited: 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Vs. 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Torque News

Not sure why anyone would ever compare the Challenger to the Corvette as it's never been a rival ever in the history of the two cars but I guess everyone wants to take a swing at the king.

The Challenger is the best looking of the three pony cars but needs a 1000 pound diet. The Camaro needs at least a 400 pound diet, and a total styling update. Still 707 hp has to push that Challenger along pretty well.......if you can ever get it to hook up.

I agree... My new ZL1 feels heavy, buts that's not why I bought it.....corvette will always be a lighter car ....as far as the challenger & mustang I really don't care unless they get a suspension! I don't mind the camaro "looks" it's a total different look than corvette & until I see a new c7 zo6 with zo7 package I will be keeping my c6 zo6
4evybe5y.jpg

I noticed at the end, the 10.8 was with street legal drag slicks. It only does the quarter in 11.2 with the production tires. :D

I'm joking of course because that is still dang fast!

so how heavy is a modern vette? somewhere between 3200-3400lbs right? didn't the 55 chev weigh around 3300 lbs? just tossing this out there. I thought I remembered reading that all this new technology causes weight gain, hence all the other lightweight materials to keep the cars from getting fat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread