Patman

2 You're 10
Jan 30, 2009
Oakville, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1998 black coupe
I'm probably over reacting, but last Friday I had a physical done, it was my first physical ever (I'm 39) and during all the tests everything was ok (breathing good, blood pressure good, weight normal, etc.) but they also took blood and a urine sample, so they had obviously to test that stuff at a later time and couldn't give results at the same time.

I got a call this morning from the medical center saying that the doctor wants to make a followup appointment this week to go over the test results. In the experience of you guys here, do doctors ever do this if they find all of the results from your physical have come back good? Maybe he just wants to assure me that everything is good since it's my very first physical? (and it was the first time using this new doctor, as my old one retired) Or should I be worried that he found something wrong? My mom died of cancer in January, so I'm extra worried about stuff like this now. :eek:

I was called back by my doctor after a physical because he wanted to explain the results of my blood test. Outside of everything looking relatively normal, he said I had high cholesterol...but didn't tell me to stop eating steak...long story short, it was nothing urgent, just an update to remind me that I'm treating my body like crap.

LOL...at least he called u back!!! i had a echocardiogram and blood test and never even received a "hey Rod, your test came back and your not going to die".

so consider yourself lucky that u have a doctor that gives a :swear: about you.

ahhhhh...thats better!!!

So I had nothing to be worried about, the only reason he wanted to see me was because he said my creatine level was slightly elevated, but he said it was most likely due to my weightlifting. So he said to stop doing that for one week, then come back for another blood test and he's confident it'll be ok, but he just wants to be sure (because elevated creatine levels, if not from muscle building, are a sign of kidney trouble) He said everything else that they tested was perfect.

So I had nothing to be worried about, the only reason he wanted to see me was because he said my creatine level was slightly elevated, but he said it was most likely due to my weightlifting. So he said to stop doing that for one week, then come back for another blood test and he's confident it'll be ok, but he just wants to be sure (because elevated creatine levels, if not from muscle building, are a sign of kidney trouble) He said everything else that they tested was perfect.

Good news !!!!! Now fire up the BBQ and cook up one of these 28oz steaks you talk about. :canada:

Yep, Friday night we'll be having some massive steaks over at my neighbor's house. I like mine rare too! Yummy! :) I think this week we're having rib eyes, they are one of my faves! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.