Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
I have a C6 Z51, so the calipers are already painted ( powder coated).
Has anyone here painted over the powder coating, and if so, how did the paint last. I'll be using high heat paint on the calipers.

Thanks for any help :driving:
lv2tour-345975-albums-garage-ez-8501-picture-vette-rms-108666.jpg
[/IMG]

I have painted my calipers with Krylon rattle paint
I paintdf over the word Corvette then took a stiff sanding pad and went over the Corvette word and it came out great.
I have painted my old tahoe calipers and they never peeled or came off.
I sprayed them with brake cleaner first then painted them
Never had a problem in 3 years

Did mine 2 summers ago and they still look perfect. I removed the calipers, cleaned them will with brake cleaner and then painted them with caliper paint and clear over. I don't remember the brand but got it at Canadian Tire. Put vasoline on the raised letters with a qtip before painting, and it is easy to wipe off after.

Did mine 2 summers ago and they still look perfect. I removed the calipers, cleaned them will with brake cleaner and then painted them with caliper paint and clear over. I don't remember the brand but got it at Canadian Tire. Put vasoline on the raised letters with a qtip before painting, and it is easy to wipe off after.

Yours look great.
I bought the caliper painting kit from CTC as well, which includes the cleaner and paint.
I prepped and did one of the back calipers in Red, and it turned out really nice.
I'll finish the other over the winter.
Thanks for the Vaseline tip for the letters on the front calipers.