...dang, I was in Princess new store in P.A. 2day but so much to look at and never enough time, will next time have to check on it. You can always verify the accuracy with another ordinary torque wrench and see if this thing is right or not. I imagine a good battery is a must for being true.

Reactions: hemicat
Yes, it comes with a little calibration adapter that you use to test your mechanical wrench (basically a socket that you clamp into a vise). In the past I have been using a luggage scale to pull the handle on a mechanical wrench to verify calibration. You measure 12" from the socket center to where you are pulling the wrench to read the result directly. For larger wrenches you will have to use the pull handle ratio to calculate the reading. For example, if your handle is 15" and you read 40 pounds then the wrench should be set to 50 pounds to be correct, using the formula 50 (torque wrench setting) = 40 (luggage scale reading) * 15/12. If this works as advertised then it should also make this easier.

What he said!
:angelic: :thumbs:

Yes, it comes with a little calibration adapter that you use to test your mechanical wrench (basically a socket that you clamp into a vise). In the past I have been using a luggage scale to pull the handle on a mechanical wrench to verify calibration. You measure 12" from the socket center to where you are pulling the wrench to read the result directly. For larger wrenches you will have to use the pull handle ratio to calculate the reading. For example, if your handle is 15" and you read 40 pounds then the wrench should be set to 50 pounds to be correct, using the formula 50 (torque wrench setting) = 40 (luggage scale reading) * 15/12. If this works as advertised then it should also make this easier.
.....uhhh, ok, you lost me after you clamped it in the vise ( I have 1/2 my grade 12 school -----grade 6...😕 ) seriously , the reviews on Princess sound favorable and this toy should do the job in a tight spot that the big wrench may not swing.