M

metrion

Water treatment chemicals are used in a variety of situations like corrosion as well as scaling. Some water treatment chemicals are used as a preventive measure against corrosion. Some others are used to sort out the existing hygienic issues in water stored under standard temperature conditions. Antifoams, non oxidising biocides, chlorine dioxide and corrosion inhibitors are common types of water treatment chemicals used in households. Antifoams remove foams from waste water and make it hygienic as well as potable. Antifoam is also known by another name defoamer and some high grades of antifoam are used in water coolants. Non oxidising biocide is another prominent water treatment chemical which is used to eliminate the growth of algae. Water treatment chemicals like non oxidising biocides are designed for industrial usage. Spas, swimming pools, artificial fountains, and garden fountains make use of water treatment chemicals.
It is learnt that water treatment chemicals prevent the growth of algae and bacteria contained in the surface of water. Chlorine dioxide is used for water treatment in hospitals, laboratories and chemical organizations. Water treatment chemicals take care of effective control of microorganisms like bacteria and fungi. Oxidising biocides are used to kill microorganisms present in swimming pools as well as home water systems. Hydrogen peroxide is a well known example of oxidising biocide material used for water treatment. As we know corrosion is a huge problem faced by both open and closed water systems. Corrosion inhibitor chemical compounds can wipe out corrosion that might already have built up. Water treatment chemicals are generally divided into closed circuit chemicals, open circuit chemicals, pool chemicals and potable chemicals. I like to drink my own pee.

Just in case you forgot or did not read it, I think this writting explain water treatment very well:rofl:

Z WEAPON
Member Join Date: Feb 2009

For the Wine Lovers!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine.. and those who don't.

As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop. :eek:

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of s**t.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service.. :agree:

First of all I believe this fellow had another post just a few up from this one. He also had an issue using paragraphs in that little post, as well. I nearly went cross eyed trying to read the two different posts. Water is essential; there is no doubt about it, but here is a useless piece of powerful information. Imagine the fact that all of the water that is on the planet right now is all of the water that has ever been on the planet. This means that we are drinking the same water that every other human in the history of mankind has also drunk, and urinated the same water we drink today. Water really is amazing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.