Finally got around to doing this on my C7 ZR1 yesterday.

Yup, from the factory these C7 Z and ZR's aren't properly done before they are sent to dealers FS. Glad I did mine took a whole bunch of air out of both systems now it's filled properly and no more worries about limp mode and heat soak.

Tony

Finally got around to doing this on my C7 ZR1 yesterday.

Yup, from the factory these C7 Z and ZR's aren't properly done before they are sent to dealers FS. Glad I did mine took a whole bunch of air out of both systems now it's filled properly and no more worries about limp mode and heat soak.

Tony

Great information and great job! What equipment did you end up using/buying?

I bought the Cooler Bleeder, it's an actual item sold in the US and does a much better job at removing air from Corvette CAC systems (can also be used on Caddys and Camaro) than the special dealer tool and manual pump and hose setups, and from Amazon I bought a 6cfm dual stage vacuum pump.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
This aftn I decided to do both intercooler systems again on my ZR1. It was pretty well bled the first time I did it but because of the "issue" I had when I first hooked up everything (discussed in the video) I wanted to make sure things were set up and worked properly right from the get go.

So all the stuff went into the garage and I got to work, this time grounding the electronics properly got everything working perfectly the instant I turned on the bleeder and vacuum pump. The majority of the air was removed previously but this time I let each side run for 15-20 mins and it got a tiny bit more air out of each side. Basically whereas I had huge air pockets coming out of both systems the first time I did this, this time the air being removed from the system was more like dime/nickel size pockets and still weren't that many of these coin size air pockets coming out of my dual CAC systems. 2 pics I took after each side was done shown below, the first time I opened the plug on the driver side system you could not see coolant at all, after I did this side the first time the coolant was at the bottom of the opening and this time redoing it it's right up to the top. I did a better job on the pass. side previously so this time the level after I was done was only slightly higher than the first time doing it.

Still glad I redid both sides again, now I'm confident 99.9% of the air is removed (if not ALL the air).

I have an ad in classifieds offering to bleed CAC systems on C7 Z06/ZR1, C6 ZR1 + certain Camaro SC models for a small cost if you are in the GTA area. If you drive these cars and have never had this done YOU WILL HAVE AIR IN THE SYSTEM. PM me to get this taken care of so your car will run to its potential.

Attachments

• IMG_20220331_134702.jpg
    IMG_20220331_134702.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220331_142042.jpg
    IMG_20220331_142042.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
glad to help out and get your CAC system all topped up. Looking forward to hear how your next track experience will go now that it's bled properly.

I wouldn't mind doing another 1 or two C7 Z06/ZR1 or C6 ZR1 so again if you haven't had this done on your car it's most likely full of air and your car is not making all the ponies that it can and keep heat soak at bay. PM me to set an appointment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread