Ya guys the smile is hard to remove. Used to be that way about the H1 and now the Corvette. Ok...it's still like that with the H1. I really hope I do not start liking airplanes.
I just tell my lovely wife all the smiles are because of her. Which is pretty darn true too. Lots of reasons to smile. Better that way as nobody wants to hang out with a whiney hole.
The first drive tonight was fun. You do not realize just how much roads in Edmonton and area SUCK untill you buy a new Corvette. I was reminded again tonight. Damn... but still smiling.
Derek

Just wanted to ask if the Dealer told you to keep the spongy-thingies that look like they belong in a recycle bin.
According to one of the lessons at Spring Mountain, the Carbon Ceramic Brake System comes with what looks like packing material.
They are for putting on top of the rotor if/when the wheel has to be removed. Apparently rotors were getting nicked when wheels would
hit them in service and then they are rendered bad. I am more curious as to whether all the Dealerships pass this along to New Owners.
Maybe GM will start to make them look better than "packing material" as I was surprised to hear of such importance.

Your photos are awesome. Your ride is awesome. Your smile says it all !!!

Just wanted to ask if the Dealer told you to keep the spongy-thingies that look like they belong in a recycle bin.
According to one of the lessons at Spring Mountain, the Carbon Ceramic Brake System comes with what looks like packing material.
They are for putting on top of the rotor if/when the wheel has to be removed. Apparently rotors were getting nicked when wheels would
hit them in service and then they are rendered bad. I am more curious as to whether all the Dealerships pass this along to New Owners.
Maybe GM will start to make them look better than "packing material" as I was surprised to hear of such importance.

Well thanks for mentioning this. First I've heard of it. No nothing like that in the car. Just the removable cooling ducts and some extensions for the front splitter for tracking is all I found that was unusual.
Hmmm I now going to ask if they have this stuff on hand for brake work.
Thanks for the great heads up. :)

Here are some pictures I googled very similar to what I saw ... and a dude installing before removing the wheel - avoiding a costly disaster
imageUKNKB2HM.jpg
IMG_0009-1.jpg
803_09.jpg

From what was hinted at Spring Mountain ... it looks like packing material ... removed and tossed

Here are some pictures I googled very similar to what I saw ... and a dude installing before removing the wheel - avoiding a costly disaster
From what was hinted at Spring Mountain ... it looks like packing material ... removed and tossed

Great info thanks! I'll dig around in the car more and see if this is in one of the bags full of stuff. I may have missed it before.

Today I picked up the car after the carbon fibre, tinting and Expel installs.
I added:
-CF front Spats. (they put on the wrong ones) :Banghead: Which they are reordering for next month.
-Lower rear vents
-Upper rear vents
IMG_6292.jpg
IMG_6291.jpg
IMG_6290.jpg
IMG_6289.jpg
IMG_6288.jpg
IMG_6284.jpg
IMG_6283.jpg
IMG_6282.jpg
IMG_6278.jpg
IMG_6281.jpg

-Windows tinted
-Markers tinted
- Front headlights blacked out on the top section.
- Expel highway package plus full coverage on rear quarters, side skirts and rockers. And a bunch more around rear vents and door edges etc.

Let me know what you all think of the black out headlight section. I'm still tolerating the red stripe on the wheel but really think it takes away from the blacked out look I am going for. Oh well I have the winter (dirty word) to think about it.
:crazy1:

Well Spence I had a look in the bags of track stuff that came with the car and no brake protectors were there. There was a hole ripped in one bag though so they must have pulled them out to change the tires. (No...don't use the ziplock on the fancy bag..just rip a hole in it. *holes)

The service manager wasn't in there today when I picked up the car but I will be asking him about these things when it's in for the first oil change next month. The rotors and calipers all look ok though.

I am loving the lack of dust with the carbon ceramic brakes. 500k and barely a hint of it on the wheels. :thumbs:

Car looks great Derek... I had to squint to look at it though... Damn that thing shines...Between yours, Grahams, and Murrays, I think my retinas are permanently damaged....
sun.jpg

Reactions: ddgermann
Well Spence I had a look in the bags of track stuff that came with the car and no brake protectors were there. There was a hole ripped in one bag though so they must have pulled them out to change the tires. (No...don't use the ziplock on the fancy bag..just rip a hole in it. *holes)

The service manager wasn't in there today when I picked up the car but I will be asking him about these things when it's in for the first oil change next month. The rotors and calipers all look ok though.

I am loving the lack of dust with the carbon ceramic brakes. 500k and barely a hint of it on the wheels. :thumbs:

HI, I hope a "song and dance" doesn't come your way with the Dealer inquiry on the "things". It was the strangest thing I found discussed at Spring Mountain
and even though it does not apply to my car, it stuck like glue for me. They passed around the two rotors, and yours are awesome and very light weight.
On the note of brake dust, my wife and I just had a 700km cruise yesterday Calgary-to-Edmonton and back for her 900km initial oil renew and with many
stops along the way. So we are on the driveway this morning cleaning the car of bugs and of course, sticky black brake dust!

Today I picked up the car after the carbon fibre, tinting and Expel installs.
I added:
-CF front Spats. (they put on the wrong ones) :Banghead: Which they are reordering for next month.
-Lower rear vents
-Upper rear ventsView attachment 10909 View attachment 10910 View attachment 10911 View attachment 10912 View attachment 10913 View attachment 10914 View attachment 10915 View attachment 10916 View attachment 10917 View attachment 10918
-Windows tinted
-Markers tinted
- Front headlights blacked out on the top section.
- Expel highway package plus full coverage on rear quarters, side skirts and rockers. And a bunch more around rear vents and door edges etc.

Let me know what you all think of the black out headlight section. I'm still tolerating the red stripe on the wheel but really think it takes away from the blacked out look I am going for. Oh well I have the winter (dirty word) to think about it.
:crazy1:

Very nice car. The red wheel stripe does go with the black ... but I would have foregone it. Where did you get the headlight blackout from? I really like the look and wish GM would have designed the headlights in this fashion. Does it interfere with the headlights or day time running lights at all? I would need arctic white for my z51.

HI, I hope a "song and dance" doesn't come your way with the Dealer inquiry on the "things". It was the strangest thing I found discussed at Spring Mountain
and even though it does not apply to my car, it stuck like glue for me. They passed around the two rotors, and yours are awesome and very light weight.
On the note of brake dust, my wife and I just had a 700km cruise yesterday Calgary-to-Edmonton and back for her 900km initial oil renew and with many
stops along the way. So we are on the driveway this morning cleaning the car of bugs and of course, sticky black brake dust!

I'm not expecting any BS from the service dept as they have been really good to me so far. To the point where the SM came out to meet and sit with me a couple years ago when I first came in there with the 3 vehicles. He brought up the guy who would be doing the work and we chatted for 30 minutes about his background etc. He makes a point to say hi and ask if I'm happy with what is being done on the Hummers or the Vette whenever I'm in there. I am also not whining about the bill, but feel I've been charged fairly for some pretty exotic work especially on the H1. I know very well what these trucks cost to work on.
I will definitely let you know how the conversation goes though Spence. :thumbs:

Very nice car. The red wheel stripe does go with the black ... but I would have foregone it. Where did you get the headlight blackout from? I really like the look and wish GM would have designed the headlights in this fashion. Does it interfere with the headlights or day time running lights at all? I would need arctic white for my z51.

Thanks for the comment on the red wheel stripe. I'm just not sold on it yet but trying to get used to it.

The headlight black out was done by the tinting/wrap guy (Romeo) at Sherwood Park Chev. You should be able to get this stuff in any color I would think. I just checked the bill. They are called "3M vinyl eyelids" and they charged me $175.
I hit it with the pressure washer last night to get the bugs off and it didn't move or lift anywhere. Although it is a lower pressure one from a safe distance that I use for foaming and rinsing. I wouldn't want to try that with a full blown carwash up close.
I see no interference with the headlights or DDLs at all. It only covers up the top section that has that lit up corvette logo.. haha. The only person who would see it is the guy bouncing off the front of the car at night....
Heres some shots. Doesn't seem to interfere with any lighting.
So far I like the look.
IMG_6315.jpg

IMG_6312.jpg
IMG_6313.jpg
IMG_6314.jpg

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I really like the look. The composite hood/front fenders should be made this way so the headlights are smaller, more aggressive looking. I bought some adhesive white vinyl and I am going to attempt to see if this will work on my car. It was a $20 sheet and I have to cut it using a homemade template. Stay tuned (no pun intended).

Reactions: ddgermann
Awesome to see someone with the courage to do these things. I suck at that kind of thing and would obsess about the smallest detail that wasn't perfect. So I pay others to do it and obsess about that instead. o_O
Make sure to show us how it turned out as I think it will look great on white. :thumbs:
D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.