New to site. Do you have a way to stop the annoying auto on headlight popup on a Canadian 2002 coupe. It is not allowing me to diable the twilight sentinal in the options. I see there is a relay in the fuse bow associated to this funtion but it doesnt seem to readily want to "pop out". Any help would be appreciated.

New to site. Do you have a way to stop the annoying auto on headlight popup on a Canadian 2002 coupe. It is not allowing me to diable the twilight sentinal in the options. I see there is a relay in the fuse bow associated to this funtion but it doesnt seem to readily want to "pop out". Any help would be appreciated.

x2. I hate my lights popping in the garage, or wherever for 4 minutes or less, thinking, is this the time the wheel is going to eat itself?

Headlight Defeat

Thanks vettefan. I had a look at Gadgetmans headlight defeat and I am going to order one. Can you tell me where it installs. Do you have take apart the dash or other interior parts. Thanks for the help.

Thanks vettefan. I had a look at Gadgetmans headlight defeat and I am going to order one. Can you tell me where it installs. Do you have take apart the dash or other interior parts. Thanks for the help.

Rocky Road,
The instructions are self explanitory, remove the small grill on top of the dash. splice the two wires, with the defeat wiring and you are done. The hardest part is to remove the grill which requires care not to break. then have a beer.

OK Boys I found the perfect "FREE" Premature headlight poping up/ on fix tonight.
We were out on our regular Thursday Night HDR and this topic came up.
Paul (Baby Blue / THX BABE) showed me the cure. He actually did the job for me.

Very simple & quick.
#1: You remove the carpeted cover piece at the front of the passenger foot well.

#2: Then remove the black cover from the fuse / Relay box. Look inside the fuse box cover for the # 44 relay location

#3: Then pull / Remove the #44 relay.

#4: Re-install the fuse cover.

#5: Re-install the carpet piece

#6: Go for a nigh-time back road cruise. (Just got home)

This whole project will take less than 5 minutes.
Everything still works including you key fob approach lights.

No wires cut and absolutely "FREE"

Now I have complete control over the headlight switch. They only go on when I want them on.

I have HID fog lights so I hardly need the actual headlight unless it's in extremely dark areas.

Also looks cool with only the fogs on.
:canada:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread