Feb 4, 2014
Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
Future Owner
Hi Gang,

Very excited to say that I placed a deposit to hold my spot for a 2015 Z06/Z07. :driving:

Oddly enough...I had to do this at 2 dealerships! The first one I went to already had someone ahead of me. Since they only expect to be alloted 1 such car, I would probably not get it.

So, to ensure success, I placed another deposit at a different dealership. Everything was above board. Both places knew what I was doing and they were both very cool/professional about it.

Interesting note: the first dealership made no bones about stating that whatever the MSRP is, they would be charging a premium on it. The second dealership stated exactly the opposite. They said they NEVER go above MSRP.

Anyway, now I play the waiting game. Just had to share with the rest of you (since most people I know don't really give a crap about cars!) :D

great great great car no doubt!!!! Love it

FYI Last month I was told (and confirmed) while buying my new C63 that it is illegal to charge premium over the MSRP of a vehicle. Not sure what options you would have and i doubt you would get heard in front of the canadian Supreme Court but... food for thought. Interestingly it was because I asked why the same exact car was so much more money at other dealerships!!!

That is wicked news Scott! Wooooooooooo! The only downside I see is that's going to be difficult to sleep with the excitement, as the dealer gives you more information, such as price, firm options, then actually ordering the car, hearing about it's build date, knowing when it shipped then arrived at the dealership, I'm guessing it's going to be more and more difficult to sleep each day! :D

Rock and Roll!

a GM dealer CAN NOT charge anything over MSRP they need to install something like tint or different center caps and bill a premium for those options but GM will not allow a dealer to charge over MSRP and they preform audits every few years

Riley, you are absolutely correct! I really plan to enjoy the time leading up to it. I think it is a lot of fun anticipating something like this. Each step has something fun about it, like you said. Really looking forward to seeing what all the options for the car will be. What colours and odds and ends.

As for selling over MSRP...I dont know about the legalities of it, but I know it happens. The one dealership I put the deposit with flat out said they do it. In fact, they have a Camaro in the show room they have over MSRP right now. Plus the other dealership in Richmond has a 2014 Corvette way over MSRP right now as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.