ourwully

Casual User
Jul 12, 2018
Georgetown
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Stingray
I ordered my 2019 on July 3rd. The dealer said delivery was averaging around 8 weeks. Looking at an older thread on this forum it seems that delivery could be 6 months or more back when the C7 was new. I was wondering what wait times have averaged recently.

Check with your salesman and ask for an updated status. I signed my order on Saturday, July 7th and the order was processed and accepted by production control on Monday the 9th. I was also informed on Friday the 13th that my order had gone '3300' and its scheduled built week is August 13th. Keep in mind that Bowling Green was on a summer shutdown for the first two weeks of July so they have only been back in production for two days now. Good news is that we should both be cruising the highway in our new C7's by Labour day weekend. Enjoy the view, I know I will. :Hurray:

Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
The reason for the six mth delay is that no Vettes are delivered to Canada during the winter mths.
Cars ordered in the fall are delivered in the spring.
Otherwise, the only other factor that slows things down is that Bowling Green no longer produces as many Vettes per day since the new retooling took affect.
When I took the tour 2 years ago, they said they were producing approx 170 per day. Now I've read that its signifcantly less.

• Informative
Reactions: ddgermann
That must have been too good for words! I think I read that the cars go by rail to Edmonton and take longer so the planets must all have been aligned for you. I am in the Toronto area and I believe the cars come by truck so hopefully mine will be here shortly after it is built. When I ordered the car I wasn't in a big rush but I have been punishing myself by reading more about the C7 and the Z51 in particular. The more I read the more impatient I am getting.

I really loved my 2007 so from all accounts the C7 should be even better. You must be happy with your Grand Sport. After reading many reports, the Grand Sport seems to be the one that checks all the boxes. I had to stretch my budget to get the Z51 so the Grand Sport was out of the question.

I felt Blessed. Quick deliver.
It was Haaaaaaaard to wait. I owned a ‘16 Stringray. Traded it in.
Your going to, of course, really Looooove the C7. More bells & whistles. Fast. Turns heads, All the Time!!
But, I Could have used the extra 5 weeks to get the $40k I required, to purchase the GS, but I just Maxed out the Visa, I will pay them off, soon! Happy :)

Your last comment hit home with me because when the salesman told me 8 weeks I thought "great that will give me the time to gather the cash and if it is late it will be even better in that regard". Now that I am waiting the cash side of things doesn't seem to matter as much!

Reactions: ccltj
Think I may have been a bit fortunate, as noted at the beginning of this thread my C7 Z51 2LT order was entered onto the GM system on Monday, July 9th. My Corvette came off the assembly line on Wednesday, Aug 15th (5 weeks - 2 days) and was delivered to my dealer in Port Hope, Ontario on Aug 21 (6 weeks - 1 day). Bowling Greens delivery doesn't seem to be an exact science because of the two other orders that I'm aware of, one was delivered on Aug 24, approx 7 weeks - 2 days after order entry, and a third gentleman is still waiting for delivery of an ordered placed over 8 weeks ago (ordered a full length dual racing stripe package which it appears may be installed at a facility that is off site from the main Bowling Green assembly plant). Hope this info maybe of some assistance.

• Agree
Reactions: ccltj and ddgermann
I just got my C7 on Tuesday so it was 8 weeks to the day that I ordered it. I am not sure how much different the 2013 C6s were compared to my 2007 but I can say that the C7 is light years ahead of my 2007 C6. It is better in every way and this is a bit of a surprise to me because I always considered my C6 as a great car. For any new owners of 7 speeds I would like to pass along a couple of things I have learned so far. One is that the tachometer yellow warning starts at 3500 rpm but changes at 500kms. I guess this is an aid to the break in process. The other thing is the Rev Matching feature. I read a lot about this but found that the info out there wasn't all that clear. Anyway, it is dead simple. As far as I know it has to be turned on every time you start the car. You do this by pushing the paddle once. After this there is nothing for you to do except enjoy the car blipping the throttle for you before every downshift. I have the exhaust set for track mode so the Rev Matching feature is my favourite thing so far. What a glorious sound it produces and the smooth downshifts are a bonus.

Congratulations on the new C7. Now we need to see the baby pictures in all the great poses.
The rev matching is fantastic - wish there was a setting to have it come on at start. Sooner or later flipping the little red lever at start up will be a habit. :)
How's your first shift from 1st to 2nd after start up? Mine is a tough pull into second but subsequent shifts are fine.

Congratulations on the new C7. Now we need to see the baby pictures in all the great poses.
The rev matching is fantastic - wish there was a setting to have it come on at start. Sooner or later flipping the little red lever at start up will be a habit. :)
How's your first shift from 1st to 2nd after start up? Mine is a tough pull into second but subsequent shifts are fine.

It’s a habit we soon get used to. Remember the headlight dimmer switches on the floor? Hell I even remember the starter pedal on the floor.
I actually does take some time to remember the RM paddle but soon you are looking for the amber gear number automatically. 👍

Hey ddgermann, you must be in the same old fart club as I am. Floor starters go back to the 40/50's. Hated those high beam floor switches that rotted away from the salt on our winter boots :confused:. Sure is great to be able to drive a M7 Vette and I hope my left knee holds up over the next few years.

Hey ddgermann, you must be in the same old fart club as I am. Floor starters go back to the 40/50's. Hated those high beam floor switches that rotted away from the salt on our winter boots :confused:. Sure is great to be able to drive a M7 Vette and I hope my left knee holds up over the next few years.

I’m somewhat old and I definitely fart 💨 on occasion.
Was a farm kid in the late 60s and all our stuff was already “vintage”. We just didn’t know it yet. 😂

If that left knee starts to become bothersome maybe we can find a way to lighten the clutch pressure and while we're at it, due to our 'old-timers' we tend to forget things but fortunately the gauge cluster and HUD will remind you in which of the 7 gears you are engaged, but should that become an issue later on down the road I'm sure we can find a way to dispose of the M7 and get you back to a more familiar 'three-in-the-tree' arrangement (speaking one old fart to another). Ten minutes with a hacksaw, broomstick and some duct tape should due it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.