Apr 9, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
3400 Status C8
Province
AB
Was told if I wanted to place an order, I had to purchase a "Corvette Value Package" for $6,997.00 which includes:
- xpel hood, mirrors, fenders, bumper 10/yr warranty
- ceramic coating
- 2 yr rim/tire warranty
- 2 yr key fob replacement
- 2 yr windshield chip repairs, paint touch ups, interior rips

This was at Jack Carter in Calgary, AB.

Wondering if this is common elsewhere? Seems terribly overpriced.

20230408_141845.jpg

A$$hats……
several threads like this have appeared over the past few years from many different places.
seems to me to be a typical Dealer markup above what you could get those services for independently.
I guess it is still a sellers markets for the C8; so your call.

No this is not normal or common
It is more common than we want to admit. Dealer advertises C8’s at msrp. We get all excited until we realize that the offset to the msrp are these add ons. At least you would be getting something (not much I will admit) over a “market adjustment” where you are getting squat.

The beauty of a free country is the dealer can mark it up and you can tell them get lost….

It is more common than we want to admit. Dealer advertises C8’s at msrp. We get all excited until we realize that the offset to the msrp are these add ons. At least you would be getting something (not much I will admit) over a “market adjustment” where you are getting squat.

The beauty of a free country is the dealer can mark it up and you can tell them get lost….
They can, but what they don't realize is that an educated consumer will go elsewhere and they will lose allocations, which as we know are based on Corvette sales. Any reason for a consumer to shop elsewhere lessons there potential sales. They are playing with fire by not being honest if they say it's "normal".

• Agree
Reactions: Cariboocreek
If a dealer has a waiting list that exceeds his/her annual typical allocations they can ask whatever they want. They may not sell at the inflated price but they will sell all their allocations.
Perhaps in this instance, but that attitude means they also won't sell Malibus or whatever else they are trying to sell. It's a bad business practice and therefore will lose sales. IMO.

Reactions: Thom
Thanks for all the insight. I'm going to reach out to more dealers in Calgary/Edmonton on Monday. I'd appreciate it if there's anyone from Alberta that would like to make a recommendation.

I just sent you a PM (personal message) with some advice. Click on the "mail envelope symbol" on the top right of your screen. I'm mentioning this only because you're new to the Forums and perhaps unfamiliar with how this works.

I just sent you a PM (personal message) with some advice. Click on the "mail envelope symbol" on the top right of your screen. I'm mentioning this only because you're new to the Forums and perhaps unfamiliar with how this works.
So your sage advice is a secret is it? ;)

So your sage advice is a secret is it? ;)

It's giving perhaps too many details about dealers in Alberta, although I've posted some before. And it would have made a lengthy post...which no doubt would have attracted the "witty" ire of you-know-who.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.