Mar 16, 2024
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 HTC Z51
Province
ON
I have been reading through the many posts in here regarding this service at the 12,000km mark. I have a 2023 HTC and I am trying to determine if the “free” service must be done within 24 months or 36 months of the in service date. I see a number of references to an extension to 36 months but in some cases this indicates it is only for 2024 vehicles.

Does anyone have clarity on this that they can share with me before I head into a dealer for this in the near future? Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st Vette and butsy
I have been reading through the many posts in here regarding this service at the 12,000km mark. I have a 2023 HTC and I am trying to determine if the “free” service must be done within 24 months or 36 months of the in service date. I see a number of references to an extension to 36 months but in some cases this indicates it is only for 2024 vehicles.

Does anyone have clarity on this that they can share with me before I head into a dealer for this in the near future? Thanks.
What's your current mileage, I feel this service is critical to DCT longevity and why I'm doing my second filter change shortly. FYI my Z06 has 8000 km

This is the article on GM Tech Link.

If I read the article correctly is says 2020-2024 have been extended to 3-years to have it done free of charge.
Obviously most of the 2020-2021 cars would be out of that scope of extended time allowance and probably should have already had they full fluid changes done by now in keeping with the GM maintenance schedule.

Corvette Transmission External Canister Filter and Maintenance Update, Labor Code Added – TechLink (https://gm-techlink.com/?p=18768)
Thanks for this! It does certainly seem to confirm the extension for the 2023 C8s as well. Very helpful.

What's your current mileage, I feel this service is critical to DCT longevity and why I'm doing my second filter change shortly. FYI my Z06 has 8000 km
My C8 currently has 10,200km on it and will have been in service for 2 years as of March 2025. I am hoping to add another few thousand kms this year and then get the service done before I put that car away for the winter but I wanted to see if I could also do it at the start of next summer (if the winter comes more quickly than I am hoping). My understanding is that if you do it before 12,000km you need to do it again at 12,000km to keep in the warranty good books.