How can you not mind? Possibly 3 to 4 weeks while you wait for a new trans... Then they leave your car outback of the dealer gathering dust and bird crap... Then they do a shot job putting it together... You have to bring it back.. It's my automotive nightmare 😭
My service center stored her inside for for the entire 20 days. The car was only apart for the last 4-5 days as the car sat until parts arrived.

Picked up the car from inside the showroom and drove out once it was done. I'm sure not all shops are this accommodating, but experiences like this is what develops or preferred locations and keep us going back.

Hi,

I don't know if you have been following the transmission issue discussion but it looks like Brandon Byers, a member from the Facebook forum has been talking to GM and Tremec and there is an issue with the transmission being starved of fluid. There may also an issue with GM recommended mileage prior to DCT Filter Change. Anyway he states that he believes GM will make an announcement shortly. Regardless if you believe him or not, my dealer wants about 800.00 to do the DCT Filter change and the top up of the extra 2 quarts. Has anyone done this and does this price sound about right?

Not sure this link will work from Brandon Byers

Paul

Paul, I didn‘t change the filter (only 1,500 K) but added the extra two DCT oil and was charged about $200 at my dealer Recently.

Reactions: Gilles27
The wheels don't need to be removed to remove a transmission. Once it's removed, the car will be lowered and rolled to another location (hopefully protected). You honestly think a busy shop is going to tie up a hoist for weeks while waiting for a new transmission??
Maybe. It's a transaxle, so the drive shafts to the wheels have to come off. I expect the wheels have to come off first. Then the wheels could be put back on to roll it to another location.

Reactions: Driver_WT
Here's a different perspective on the C8 transmission: Paul Koerner is a GM Corvette Master Technician and he gives presentations at the NCM and is quite respected for his knowledge of Corvettes/C8's. His Web handle looks to be "Thecorvettemechanic". He's done several explanatory videos and this one suggests the C8 transmission should be AOK unless diagnostic codes come up suggesting a problem, such as a clogged filter restricting fluid flow:

Reactions: CTRL_CV
Here's a different perspective on the C8 transmission: Paul Koerner is a GM Corvette Master Technician and he gives presentations at the NCM and is quite respected for his knowledge of Corvettes/C8's. His Web handle looks to be "Thecorvettemechanic". He's done several explanatory videos and this one suggests the C8 transmission should be AOK unless diagnostic codes come up suggesting a problem, such as a clogged filter restricting fluid flow:

Thanks for this video, very informative. I still will add the 2 extra quarts/litres ...I have a Z51 and I am still nervous..yes I know I may be foolish too :Beatdeadhorse:

And the debate continues. No word from GM/Tremec on this so you decide what if anything to do about your DCT fluid/filter. Since I posted the video done by "Thecorvettemechanic" Paul Koerner, I'll post the response from Brandon Haynie:

Both videos are very interesting and informative. I thank you for that. With anything it is always good to keep a grain of salt. I do struggle with the second video, with having multiple typos in it.

I'll add a post that gets this thread back to the OP's original question.

My 2020 C8 is in today getting its second (and final free) oil/filter change. While at my dealership (Don Wheaton on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton), I asked for the cost to replace the DCT filter (and presumably top up the .2 litres of fluid lost): $940.00 + tax and the tech said it takes 3.3 hours labour. Wow; the highest quote I've heard of to date. He also said they're having ++ problems finding a DCT filter. Luckily I purchased 2 of them before I received my car...so I'm good to go and will do the filter change myself, given that price. Note: this is only to replace the filter; it's not adding 2 litres of fluid. Hopefully everyone else will do better price-wise.

My 2020 C8 is in today getting its second (and final free) oil/filter change. While at my dealership (Don Wheaton on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton), I asked for the cost to replace the DCT filter (and presumably top up the .2 litres of fluid lost): $940.00 + tax and the tech said it takes 3.3 hours labour. Wow; the highest quote I've heard of to date. He also said they're having ++ problems finding a DCT filter. Luckily I purchased 2 of them before I received my car...so I'm good to go and will do the filter change myself, given that price. Note: this is only to replace the filter; it's not adding 2 litres of fluid. Hopefully everyone else will do better price-wise.
Wow, it reminds me of that tired old line.... "tell me you don't want to do the job, without telling me you don't want to do the job"... LOL. I think that tech may have used the book labour time for the "two litre topup"..... that would make more sense from what my dealer has told me.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27

Amazing that you ordered extra filters...great planning!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.