If there is any Earnhardt fans in Ontario. I have 2 books on him to give free.
23 years with the intimidator
The Unseen Earnhardt: The Man Behind the Mask

You can pick 'em up at my Car-B-Q this year. :)
Hey there.

I have a basement full of Earnhardt stuff. Glass case with the C5R that Jr, Sr and Fellows drove at Rolex, a cutaway of the Lumina, bluepints of the lumina, lots of 1/24 and 1/64 cars, The Last Ride photo of
the hauler leaving Daytona after the crash.....way too much Earnhardt stuff. Gotta say, to this day, when I see interviews with him, it still gets to me. I remember sitting at the bar in San Juan, PR (Vacation)
watching Sadler tell his side of the story for the first time, 10 years later. Then again, at the 20th anniversary of the 500.....

I was at Daytona USA in 98 and got to see the winning car after Earnhardt won after 18 years of trying..........
Yup, I'm a Nascar fan and an Earnhardt fan.

👆🏻I definitely find it really cool reading of other DE Sr collectors and their experiences.

Collecting started rather small with a pretty much non-existent local nascar retail market.
Found a few items until the day I was introduced to Geoff Bodine while racing here in Calgary.
Got past the novelty stuff and into the unique diecast releases and other more costly items.
I have items I will never get my outlay returned but I am one of few perhaps who don’t care.
It's an I got it type of thing I guess. Very few get to see my collection - its my place.
Many (with DE3 syndrome) will understand, most others will not.

6A508A7D-8AFD-403D-8510-FA8CA31380B5.jpeg
👆🏻Its not known how many of these are actually signed.
DE was apparently in the process of signing as they were
getting framed and released for delivery...
and then the untimely fatal accident.

F509AC10-8BDA-47F7-8B68-0E7D975920D3.jpeg
👆🏻I have many unique (low release serialized) diecasts (silver, gold & platinum plated versions). Most are not on display.
My daughter made me laugh asking why Dad had a scratched up and dented toy (the lower left crash car).
My “west fest” friend might have a similar one too 😂 (very rare and very hard to find).
She also never got to play with the (lower right) peter max version of lightning mcqueen 😂.
It was great fortune finding all of the DE IROC Camaros (the lime green one is on another shelf).

DE2E2AC7-F6EB-4CB0-868D-95475F90A8E5.jpeg
👆🏻Got all but about 10 of DE’s full original broadcast race wins on DVD.
Even Busch wins, the IROC and Japan races along with televised awards banquets.
This was a very exhausting labour of love for resourcing.
I will not likely find the remaining 10 race wins as I don’t think they were televised.
This is what will occupy my winters as I watch these over and over again thru the breaks.

Oh yes, can't forget mentioning an autographed DE Sr. item I added
that was very generously donated for CCF fundraising a while back.

Ok … back to the day-to-day grind in order to save for my next item …
😇 4ever3 - cheers to those alike 🍻

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread