9172 > 9356 = 185

1617369451514.png

I am at Event Status 4B00 since Monday. Waiting for Transportation or QA. Anyone here on the same status? Could it be waiting for other C8 to come to Ontario? How long might be the wait at this Status be ?

I am at 4B00 as well. I guess they are pooling ours on the same truck and should be out either today or tomorrow. Mine was built on March 31, one day ahead of you. I am in Markham area. ETA arrival at dealership is this Friday so yours should be same day, hopefully. We are getting very close!

Reactions: Carlos
I am also in the process of dealing with the new MSRP thing. Event 3000 before March 1 and delivery obviously after that so I have been assessed new MSRP on the invoice. In the process of dealing with GM Canada and dealership as it is quite a complicated. GM said event 2000 before March 1, 2021 (Not like 1100 in the US. Also see W/N's Jeff's comments in other posts seem to concur with event 2000). In any event I will say this small batch of customers (aka me) are being screwed or at a minimum troubled by having to go thru this negotiation process.
GM Canada does not seems to have a clear policy (unlike in the US) and did not communicate well to dealerships. Or the dealerships are playing dump/ no incentive to lower the Msrp and to go thru the reimbursement procedure. GM Canada should have lower it and price protect it on the invoice for this batch of customer instead of having them to go thru this process. So disappointed in GM the way that have handled things

Last edited:
I am also in the process of dealing with the new MSRP thing. Event 3000 before March 1 and delivery obviously after that so I have been assessed new MSRP on the invoice. In the process of dealing with GM Canada and dealership as it is quite a complicated. GM said event 2000 before March 1, 2021 (Not like 1100 in the US. Also see W/N's Jeff's comments in other posts seem to concur with event 2000). In any event I will say this small batch of customers (aka me) are being screwed or at a minimum troubled by having to go thru this negotiation process.
GM Canada does not seems to have a clear policy (unlike in the US) and did not communicate well to dealerships. Or the dealerships are playing dump/ no incentive to lower the Msrp and to go thru the reimbursement procedure. GM Canada should have lower it and price protect it on the invoice for this batch of customer instead of having them to go thru this process. So disappointed in GM the way that have handled things
If you had signed a purchase agreement you would have been price protected.

If you had signed a purchase agreement you would have been price protected.
Very good point Murray. I did sign one when I first ordered the 2020 C8 back in late 2019. Then obviously i did not get a 2020 and my order got moved to a 2021.
They did not increase price for 2021 so the MSRP is still valid, but the agreement is for a 2020 model, not a 2021 so the dealership used it against me.
Did ask for a updated one earlier this year when the 2021 Cdn pricing was out but the dealership was not acting on it and i was a bit careless and did not push (who would have forecasted a mid-year increase but lesson learned)

Without the 2021 purchase agreement i think the price protection is still there according to GM's policy and the GM at dealership did concur that I should be price protected...will see when i pick up the car next week. Just saying the whole process has taken quite some time and back and forth. Would have been easier if GM could just look at all the workbench orders at 2000 prior to March and do the adjustment/price protection, in stead of downloading burden to this batch of customers.

Hope others who are in similar situation will be successful and be price protected as well.

• Wow
Reactions: Murray20c8
texted my dealer and was told I'm still status 3000 (i am march allocation)
Based on my own experience and what i read, you would have gone 3000 a day or two after matched to an allocation so March 19/20, 2021. It will then take about 4 weeks to get advanced to 3300 (next week April 12-17 hopefully). Then goes 3400 in a week or two and TPW may be early May.. I am all guessing and it could deviate for sure. Good luck.

Reactions: DenisC8
Based on my own experience and what i read, you would have gone 3000 a day or two after matched to an allocation so March 19/20, 2021. It will then take about 4 weeks to get advanced to 3300 (next week April 12-17 hopefully). Then goes 3400 in a week or two and TPW may be early May.. I am all guessing and it could deviate for sure. Good luck.
barring the sky falling. 3000 to 3300 can take 6 to 10 weeks but barring parts shortages etc. 4 to 6 weeks is a good conservative estimate. Timing depends on ones configuration and the plants production efficiency. They order the parts at 3000 but one is scheduled along with others that are most efficient for the plant.
Then 8 to 22 days to get to 3400. If the plant maintains it's speed, then the low numbers, like you suggest, are very likely. Lets hope for that.

Reactions: DenisC8
Well, my car showed up at the dealer today. Feb 4th allocation, built March 30.......as Murray pointed out at approximately 10:45 am. Must be a record going from being built last Tuesday, to the dealer today. I still can't believe it.
Has been a long wait, as I went on the dealer list Jan 6, 2020. Believe it or not, signed nothing, just a handshake. Mentioned the price increase to the GM of the dealership. He said not for me!
Shout out to Bean Chevrolet in Carleton Place, and to Jim, GM of sales. Just the way ordering a car should go.

I am at 4B00 as well. I guess they are pooling ours on the same truck and should be out either today or tomorrow. Mine was built on March 31, one day ahead of you. I am in Markham area. ETA arrival at dealership is this Friday so yours should be same day, hopefully. We are getting very close!
Any confirmation that your C8 has been shipped and arrival date is still tomorrow?

Any confirmation that your C8 has been shipped and arrival date is still tomorrow?
4B00 is not a good thing. Bayed means it's being held. That COULD be for a QC issue, though not always.

Reactions: Carlos
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.