Nov 3, 2012
buckhorn ontario
VetteCoins
Car
seeing more and more vettes of every generation at cruise nights but also more and more cars that make me do some noggin scrratchin'. last night a fairly new honda accord, a 90's roadmaster wagon, a 90's marquis, a 90's le baron. these are classic or specialty cars ??? c'mon.....what's with this ?? anyone else seeing this ??? doug. :confused:

While these didn't seem to be for sale, some guys bring cars out just to sell and they really don't care that it is a cruise night car, they are just looking for exposure. Then there are guys who really think that their car is special and to them it is. We have a no winters '97 Olds LSS with the supercharged 3.8. It's in pretty nice shape for a 16 year old car but I wouldn't bring it to a cruise night. Perhaps in another ten or fifteen years. There was a time when our COPO Chevelle sat in the parking lot at car shows in the early seventies. It was a new car. They all have their time in the bright lights. It just takes longer for some than others. There were quite a few vettes last night and quite a few of the regulars weren't even there. For a cold windy evening, I was surprised at the good turnout that we had. Some of us went over to the Tim Horton's next door after the cruise and shot the breeze until near midnight. Not much different from the '60s when we used to hang out at the Country Style doughnut shop at George and Park Hill streets in Peterborough.

Get this, a 1984 Dodge Aries K car was at a local show, complete with original brochures laminated and displayed. Seriously! I must admit, it was in great shape and more deserving of a spot compared to the new Mustang vert or the Dodge Challenger SRT.....great cars, but I can see them at any dealership!

For me, I guess if I don't see it on the street, it's in great condition, and the person is really proud of their ride, I don't mind seeing it at a show. I remember years ago the 4 door honda accords showing up at shows and I thought it was the dumbest thing I've ever seen but that's what the kids could afford so I guess there is a spot for that as it is an interest of some group.

Get this, a 1984 Dodge Aries K car was at a local show, complete with original brochures laminated and displayed. Seriously! I must admit, it was in great shape and more deserving of a spot compared to the new Mustang vert or the Dodge Challenger SRT.....great cars, but I can see them at any dealership!

My first car was a 1984 dodge 400--similar to a k-car but with 2 doors.

I would have loved to seen one in mint shape. Great memories! What were they asking?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread