I didn't know drive ins were supposed to be car shows. I thought you just had to be able to "drive in", because you like cars and want to talk to other guys who like cars.

Car shows are whatever is set up by the organizers. There are a lot of nice rare cars newer than 25yrs. Who ever said a car show had to be vintage. It is just a show for cars. However if the organizers want vintage cars then only vintage cars can go. It is pretty simple.

T

I didn't know drive ins were supposed to be car shows. I thought you just had to be able to "drive in", because you like cars and want to talk to other guys who like cars.

Car shows are whatever is set up by the organizers. There are a lot of nice rare cars newer than 25yrs. Who ever said a car show had to be vintage. It is just a show for cars. However if the organizers want vintage cars then only vintage cars can go. It is pretty simple.

T

kinda like i said back in post #4 :D

T

Well, maybe I should just take the wife's Yaris to the cruise nights this summer; sure would save money on gas. It's 5 years old now...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think there is a limit to what should be allowed in. Most of these cruise nights are also fundraisers for local charities. Do you think people are going to go to look at late model cars? Maybe. Maybe I have the wrong idea but when people start showing up in new Minis and Beetles because their retro and Honda Civics that have been slammed to the ground with a coffee can for a tail pipe? Maybe I'm just old school. Around here, these events are pretty much car shows that take place every week and are pretty well run.

Fun to have these debates. :)

This is a REALLY good debate and nothing that will ever get settled as there will always be people with different opinions.

I just want to know, why does this have to be an either/or thing? It sounds like if newer cars are present, older cars can't be there or for every new vehicle there, it's taking up a spot where an older vehicle would normally be.

If 100 vintage cars show up to a car show and there are also 200 newer cars there, there are still 100 vintage cars there. If only vintage cars were allowed, there would still be 100 vintage cars there. Just because newer vehicles are allowed, doesn't mean there will be less older vehicles. It just means the car show is bigger. Yes, if newer vehicles are allowed, some older cars may not come, BUT if newer vehicles are allowed, it may also bring out some more older vehicles as car guys with old cars probably have a friend with a newer car and are more willing to go if they car go with a friend instead of sitting by themselves. I don't know anyone in my circle of friends with a 60's car so I'm not going to go to a show with other older vehicles and hang out by myself, but I do know lots of people with newer Corvettes and would gladly go to a show if they went too.

Two things I would like to see. Parking preference given to older vehicles, and if there is limited parking, then only allowing older vehicles.

This is what happened here in the Valley. Only the classics were aloud at the cruise nights and park at the A&W. Everyone else was to park across the road at the mall. After a while all the same cars kept appearing at the A&W, and was boring, but across the road it started to get bigger than the cruise night. With all the people across the road it didn't take to long for the A&W light to come on and open it up to anything that appeared until the lot was full. With a mix of cars they sell more burgers and now everyone a lot happier. Mind you they just don't allow any car, but if it's a Corvette, Viper or something rare it's allowed

any of the cruise nights i attend around here have newer cars. it seems to be an unspoken rule that people bring only cars of special interest. we see corvettes, shelby and roush mustangs, vipers, prowlers etc. one night a fella with a newer ford GT40 created quite a stir. occasionally i have heard some folks say it should be for older cars only but i don't hear it often and only in passing. just because a car is 25 years old doesn't make it interesting. which would you rather see ,a 1985 plymouth reliant or a newer ford GT40 ???

This is what happened here in the Valley. Only the classics were aloud at the cruise nights and park at the A&W. Everyone else was to park across the road at the mall. After a while all the same cars kept appearing at the A&W, and was boring, but across the road it started to get bigger than the cruise night. With all the people across the road it didn't take to long for the A&W light to come on and open it up to anything that appeared until the lot was full. With a mix of cars they sell more burgers and now everyone a lot happier. Mind you they just don't allow any car, but if it's a Corvette, Viper or something rare it's allowed

I like that idea Steamer -- an alternate location for overflow or non specific cars.
Might be hard to have multiple locations close to each other tho.

LOL Doug, the humble Reliant has its place in history -- It all but saved Chrysler from bankruptcy in the early '80's --but yeah -- A meseum would be a better place for it .... so make it a GT-40 for me:D

Tho I'd probably settle for a roller skate just to be accommodating.:rofl:

C.

I entered ONE car/bike show last year, just on a whim...$10. It was a really big event in Carleton Place, Ont. I loved looking at all the cars. I won first place too in Custom Sportbike category. I retired from the show circuit undefeated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.