Post some pictures please🏎….which tires and rims did you purchase?…and from what company?……Enjoy Your Ride now with a sense of safety and reliability 😎🏎🥳
Went with MMR M755 Rims, They look like the ZR1 rims. Also AS3 tires.

Attachments

• 20210903_160356.jpg
    20210903_160356.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210903_160405.jpg
    20210903_160405.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I have had no issues with my 77 or 05 vettes, no issues with any of the Acura's or Mercedes that I have owned.

I think the issue here is that if car manufacturers are designing and building cars with these low profile tires that they design and engineer the rims to accommodate the road conditions that they would be driven in.
There seems to be a high volume of rims cracking on C7 vettes so it might be correct to assume that the due diligence in engineering and design was not done.

I'm surprised that tyere is no class action here in Canada on this issue
Our 2005 has the heavier, five spoke wheels and no problems in over 50K miles of driving.

Likely that camber was from the factory. Both my Vettes were set up that way when delivered. Didn't realize it until my C6 wore the insides to the cords. When I took delivery of my C7, I had them zero the camber before it left the dealership. They set camber for track use on these babies and if you track your car, the tires wear out before the camber set up catches up with you. If you don't track, you're down to the inside cords long before the rest of the tire is worn. It's not the cars fault. That warning has been discussed here on the forum for years...

Reactions: Nimm
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.