Oct 13, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2014 C7 Z51 Stingray
Province
USA
Guys, famous Corvette Test Driver, Jim Mero, has offered to answer YOUR questions on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Harlan Charles did this and it was very well received. So here's your chance to ask Jim Mero anything you'd like to know about Corvette. As you know, Jim has more track time on the Nurburgring and Autobahn than anyone. Plus, he has tuned the C6 and C7 Corvettes more than anyone else (including all variants, including ZR1's). Corvette suspension, ride & handling is Jim's specialty!

Here is your chance to ask Jim anything you want! Please submit your question in this thread. I'll collect them and we'll put a podcast together right away.

Reactions: 12cents
The weekend is here! Don't miss this fantastic podcast with Jim Mero on CORVETTE TODAY!

My question is about the CF frame braces on the C7. I noticed that the factory alum rear braces are bolted on with 1 bolt on 1 end and 2 bolts on the other end but the CF braces is just 1 bolt on each end. So what is the reason for this and even if the CF piece is lighter stiffening the chassis when the part is only held on with 2 bolts vs. 3 on the factory setup does it give up rigidity to stock?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread