Yes- lambos and Bentley are here already & the Tesla X at $240K +25% taxes here on top of it. Not in my price range: now a corvette SUV - yes baby!!!

If it does become a thing, don't expect it to hold its value like a "real" Corvette does. Nothing depreciates faster than a large luxury vehicle.

My buddy just bought a 2013 Audi Q5 with 90,000 km for $14k all-in.

If it does become a thing, don't expect it to hold its value like a "real" Corvette does. Nothing depreciates faster than a large luxury vehicle.

My buddy just bought a 2013 Audi Q5 with 90,000 km for $14k all-in.
Only a few things don't depreciate over time: real estate (land & bldg.) & investments; everything else - forget it. A $50k EU trip - come home - money gone etc. etc.. I don't really look at that aspect. I bought my car new - 3 before that a few years old or more with low mileage. I got a ton of enjoyment. C8 - new - can't wait - not getting any younger - LOL. If I were a fair bit younger; yes, I'd probably wait a few years and get a used one. An Audi Q5 loaded new here is $55K+ range - I looked at getting one; but decided to get the new C8 - my Outlander sport 8 years old - awesome shape with 65K - only drive in fall and winter - cost peanuts to maintain.

Ugh.

“Corvette” is a model, not a brand.

Want to kill it? Try to make it stand alone as it’s own brand. It will no longer be looked at as a “halo car” where low production numbers (or possibly loosing money) is “somewhat” acceptable and will be square in the sights of the “bean counters” who only care about a cars performance on the balance sheet. Once they get thier teeth into the low production numbers a Corvette “brand” will pull down, the name will be chopped from the portfolio in short order. Or, even worse, they’ll start spiralling the costs down pursuing profitablity over performance and quality. It’s just what a business major will do....just like they have before...over and over and over....

Personally, I see an entire automotive market quivering on the brink of a collapse. They certainly need to try and shore up thier bottom line right now, but this is just a bad move that could push that “crunch” closer to a reality.

Want to release a “performance SUV”? Fine, do it. Lots of GM brands that could carry it. Make it a “Corvette” though, and expect it to go down the same road the Cadillac “off models” have. Ie: death.

SUV’s are for mainstream family sized buyers. People will buy a corvette SUV, same as they will buy a BMW X5 or porche SUV, but they’re won’t be many of them and expect it to be a money looser before they kill it. Even the XLR got canned...and that was, for all intents and purposes, a reskinned Vette.

Or, gawd forbid, the SUV sells better than the Corvette sports car and they drop the car in favor of a more profitable SUV model.

:oops:

Just my personal opinion.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Dik
Wonder what a C8 SUV would look like?

chevrolet-corvette-c8-suv-rendering.jpg

Last edited:
  • Scared
Reactions: Dik
Looks like ford came up with a 'new' name for their electric SUV......

Nov 14 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will use the Mustang name, previously reserved for a muscle car, for an electric sport utility vehicle (SUV) that customers in the United States, Canada and Europe can start ordering on Nov. 17, the company said on Thursday.

Ford confirmed its new electric SUV will be called the Mustang Mach-E ahead of a debut event scheduled for Los Angeles on Sunday. Until now, the Mustang name has been used only on a line of sporty coupes associated with Detroit's 1960s muscle car era.

Screenshot_20191114-095846.jpg

So, now Mustang owners have to tell people when they own a Mustang, if it's the car or the SUV. :nailbiting:

imho, GM has enough brands that make SUV's that they don't need another. Leave it up to Cadillac to make a performance SUV, because if they make a Corvette SUV, I just might want one. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread