I believe you’ll be out of luck C5 Bob. I don’t think there’s any places here that rent Vettes. Not that I’ve heard of anyway.

Looking to Rent a Corvette while honeymooning in baff area. Anyone know of a car rental place? Thanks

You likely won't find mainstream companies renting out Vettes. Hertz has a prestige collection that includes Corvettes but most are likely allocated at airport locations in major cities, you can try them.

The best alternative is turo.com to see if you can privately rent something in the area.

Reactions: C5 Bob
Banff being more prestige.

Just for the high rollers Nik. The Rimrock,The Fairmont Banff Springs are the “big 2”.

Sadly Banff isn’t what it was like back in the 80s/90s but still tourist friendly. Sad thing is Meth and Crack are big out there now. They’ve got their own homeless issues which are more prevalent as well. Lake Louise was Cocaine central a couple of years ago. Not sure how it got that reputation. The place is infested with RCMP. Still and always will be one of my fave places to go,or take people,but it’s got a different vibe now.

Just for the high rollers Nik. The Rimrock,The Fairmont Banff Springs are the “big 2”.

Sadly Banff isn’t what it was like back in the 80s/90s but still tourist friendly. Sad thing is Meth and Crack are big out there now. They’ve got their own homeless issues which are more prevalent as well. Lake Louise was Cocaine central a couple of years ago. Not sure how it got that reputation. The place is infested with RCMP. Still and always will be one of my fave places to go,or take people,but it’s got a different vibe now.

Oh did not know, been a few years since I visited and it was at the Fairmont(s) oddly enough for a few short stays :) . Do remember getting a whole collage of pics from every effing speed camera there... :angryface:

Paying for all the CPR history at the BS. I’ve only stayed in it once back in early 2000. It was ok. Spent most of the time roaming the hallways looking for the stupid ghost that allegedly plays the piano at night !! lol.

Reactions: Bixter44
Looking to Rent a Corvette while honeymooning in baff area. Anyone know of a car rental place? Thanks

Bob, I assure you that Banff is just as Majestic as always. Ofcourse it has changed /modernized/developed over the years. Everything man-made does.

In many ways its better now than when I was a kid. Example, wifi everywhere do I can be connected if I choose. Broader food selection. More entertainment choices. Waaay more developed biking trails with bikeshop support.

I have no idea where the meth comment comes from!! I go to Banff frequently with my family of 6 w/ 4 daughters.

When wifey and I celebrated drilling our first wells, we left the kids with the grandparents and hopped in our C4 to celebrate in Banff. Wifeys fav is the Rim Rock. As mentioned, the Rim Rock and the Springs are the two Classics.

The Banff Springs is a Castle and yeah, it was built a long long ling time ago and could NEVER be repeated at todays prices and eviro nazi requirements.

Both hotel locations are awesome. Just totally awesome. Both have crazy majestic views. Both have pools and spas. Both have little nooks and crannies to escape with your wife.

If you are the active type, definitely rent a vette with a trunk or hatch. There are so many places to walk/hike. You can also rent bikes right in Banff and hit the trails.

Half of the fun of Banff Springs is walking its endless corrodors and letting the imagination go.

I have a friend who has a c5 that we are going to replace the rear diff in this spring. I bet he'd be happy to try the truro thing. Why not, I hear its the air bnb of cars.

Anyway, you wont regret visiting Banff!!

Feel free to ask questions.

Paying for all the CPR history at the BS. I’ve only stayed in it once back in early 2000. It was ok. Spent most of the time roaming the hallways looking for the stupid ghost that allegedly plays the piano at night !! lol.
If you would have spent a bit more time at the bar instead of roaming the hallways you would have had a better chance of spotting him/her.

My first post in this thread wasn’t to discourage anyone on Banff. I hope that’s not the way any of you guys perceive it. I love it out there and was fortunate to live there for 8 months back in the early 90s and loved it. I really did,and still do. I would never tell anyone not to spend time,and $$$ there. Not in a minute.

What I meant to convey is that big town problems and issues have just become more noticeable in recent years. It’s always been a hot spot for softer drugs as per the ski/boarding crowd is big on that but the harder stuff has been creeping in a little more.

With that,you guys know how often I’m out there,I still find stuff I haven’t seen and always smile when I’m west of Calgary. It’s the first place I took Jenny when she was here and we went back 3 more times.

I re-read my post and you’d think I flew in from Europe and had a miserable time. Not the case. I recommend a week long visit to anyone,at anytime of the year.

thanks for the info guys me or the fiancee have never been out west. in NB here so we are looking at going to banff and jasper. life issues (Homeless,drugs,etc) has unfortunately worked it's way into a lot of town and cities and its unfortunate for both sides. For us it's a vacation/honeymoon looking at the rimrock and a few others the Corvette rental came up because she's a fan of vettes now that I just got one and she suggested a nice rental for a day or two while out there. I also saw that there is a run around the time we are looking at being there and thought it would be an extra bonus to tag along. thanks again all the input has been great and look forward to potential meeting some of you while out there.

thanks for the info guys me or the fiancee have never been out west. in NB here so we are looking at going to banff and jasper. life issues (Homeless,drugs,etc) has unfortunately worked it's way into a lot of town and cities and its unfortunate for both sides. For us it's a vacation/honeymoon looking at the rimrock and a few others the Corvette rental came up because she's a fan of vettes now that I just got one and she suggested a nice rental for a day or two while out there. I also saw that there is a run around the time we are looking at being there and thought it would be an extra bonus to tag along. thanks again all the input has been great and look forward to potential meeting some of you while out there.

Try Enterprise rental out of Calgary. Their website has a Vette.

Agree with Ruff Day. Enterprise Exotic Car Collection has what you are looking for. Book early though. Let us know your dates and let’s see if some of us can meet you for a Cruise west. Always up for a drive in the mountains!

My first post in this thread wasn’t to discourage anyone on Banff. I hope that’s not the way any of you guys perceive it. I love it out there and was fortunate to live there for 8 months back in the early 90s and loved it. I really did,and still do. I would never tell anyone not to spend time,and $$$ there. Not in a minute.

What I meant to convey is that big town problems and issues have just become more noticeable in recent years. It’s always been a hot spot for softer drugs as per the ski/boarding crowd is big on that but the harder stuff has been creeping in a little more.

With that,you guys know how often I’m out there,I still find stuff I haven’t seen and always smile when I’m west of Calgary. It’s the first place I took Jenny when she was here and we went back 3 more times.

I re-read my post and you’d think I flew in from Europe and had a miserable time. Not the case. I recommend a week long visit to anyone,at anytime of the year.

we would never think that, U were just expressing your opinion

Viking post was quite good also,
both help me from contributing as u guys know more than me,

motorbikes with sidecar trips from jasper would be a riot but they book up fast and usually 2 days in,advance, that is all I can say have fun

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread