Sounds like going for the extra night beforehand is the way to go! Any idea approximately how much it was extra? I’m looking forward to it - hoping it’ll tide me over until I get my car out of winter storage in mid April 😊

Sounds like going for the extra night beforehand is the way to go! Any idea approximately how much it was extra? I’m looking forward to it - hoping it’ll tide me over until I get my car out of winter storage in mid April 😊

It was a couple hundred USD if I remember right. Not super expensive considering what a night in Vegas costs.
They will give you a good deal when you call and arrange it. The rooms do fill up though so don’t wait too long 👍

It was a couple hundred USD if I remember right. Not super expensive considering what a night in Vegas costs.
They will give you a good deal when you call and arrange it. The rooms do fill up though so don’t wait too long 👍
Give then a call ... the sooner you do then you will secure an on-site room. When they run out, you will be set up at a nice hotel in Pahrump. That’s what I had and the place in Pahrump was awesome (new and modern decor in Apr 2017) the place on site is more convenient and older style (stayed in that room in Apr 2018). Either way call sooner than later. Staying the extra night before is best just make sure you don’t have a late flight in on the day before as the check in is pretty much just a retail tack shop and not with 24/7 hours. But the entry gate is. So call them to set up your timing

I drove in from Vegas the day before, so I had to pay for that extra night on top of the school price. Well worth it.

That's what I did. It was the same price to fly to Vegas for three days, as it was for a week (I think it was Tues-Tuesday?). So I hung out in Vegas for a couple days, did the course, then went back and met a buddy for the last few days. Great fun.

First time I went (2015) they charged US$110 for the extra night.

Last year I went in Feb for the Level 2 the 2nd night was included, I can't remember if it was part of promotion or not.

Enjoy it's a blast.

I don't have time to go back this year but planning on returning again in 2020.
That’s what I was thinking ... about USD100 for the additional night 😁👍🏻
I just can’t find my receipt so saying USD$100-125 is awesome ... but it’s just a phone call away for knowing for sure .

That’s what I was thinking ... about USD100 for the additional night 😁👍🏻
I just can’t find my receipt so saying USD$100-125 is awesome ... but it’s just a phone call away for knowing for sure .

My price was factoring in the wine and beer 🍻 for the socializing on the balcony in front of the room. 😂

But ya it’s a really fair deal. We did the mixed trip over a week with some nights in Vegas as well. The SM nights were much cheaper but wow what a fun trip overall. 👍

• Agree
Reactions: smackYYZ and YFCvii
This makes sense for new Corvette owners, but I wish the price was a bit more reasonable for those that bought used. I would head down, but $5000 for three days? That's pretty steep.

Yes you are right. It’s a ton of money for this. One would be better off studying the car you have and going to a local track and hiring an instructor to play with its track prowess.
Although anyone buying new and not taking advantage of the deal is really missing out.
However if you know someone with a new Corvette who isn’t interested in going you can use his / hers VIN and go. My car is registered in my wife’s name and I was able to go with no problem. We have different last names as well.
Something to keep in mind.

It's a promotion to sell Vettes...

I never saw it that way at all actually. Considering you still have to pay to take advantage of the discounted price.

Once I was there and realized what I was getting and experienced driving the car to its limits on the track with great support and instruction, it made my purchase of a new corvette make total sense to me.
I would for sure go back for the higher levels of training if I was tracking my Corvette. And for the discount price would go back for sure to redo the owners school after buying a new one just for the track time and refining the skill set even more.

JMO.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I've done the Owners school and the 2 day Level 2, which is $3,450.

Owners school is a steal.

Level 2 sounds steep, but when I was done I knew it was worth it. The tires were toast by the end of the second day, I wondered why every lap heading down the long straight it sounded like I was being pelted or driving over lose gravel but it was the rubber marbles flying up on the underside off the tires. We had 5 instructors for our class of 13 .

Going back again in a year. Can't afford to do it every year, but every 2 still works

It's a promotion to sell Vettes...
Great question as I can imagine there being Advantages and Drawbacks for
GM and Spring Mountain alike. Spring Mountain keeps an active program for instruction
going year round for their operation. GM on the other hand has continuous
Corvette Performance being tested by Customers of various driving styles and capabilities
with Corvettes right off assembly with a minimum of upgrades for the track.
What an awesome combination when one begins to think of it and $1000 that I
will never ever regret parting with as it has changed my operating ability/habit in so many
different ways between all my vehicles (other than the boat :joyful:).

I don't think it's a promo that actually sells Corvettes as many front-line sales people don’t even mention it
or quite frankly know much detail about it (the trick is to find the sales people who do). The
program is definitely a "premier value entitlement" for a new Corvette purchase though. I
actually used the $1000 excuse for why my purchase offer could not come up another $1k
for our second purchase as to-go or not-to-go was not negotiable.

Last edited:
Friday past, I booked the 2 day package at Spring Mountain for April 10 & 11. Based on everything stated on this forum it will be an amazing experience. My wife loves Vegas so the compromise is 2 nights Spring Mountain and 4 nights Cesar's - I think she won. Life moves fast and in our early 70's this is an incredible opportunity. My lady of 52 years likes her slot machines and I like cars - so we stay happy.

Based on all your exposures at Spring Mountain, what would you guess is the percentage of old farts taking this course? I am a bit concerned about showing up to find myself in a group of youngsters - you know, 50 and under! You 50 and under guys are all great but us old guys don't want to be embarrassed you know. I really like that the younger guys are ready to buy the beer.

My sports car history is all about 4 banger Brits. Driving the Vette is a wonderful experience but I am a bit intimidated by the power in corners. I have the feel and confidence to drift the little MGB through a dirt corner but I can't more then crawl through the same turn with the Vette. I don't have a feel for when the ass-end will cut loose and how far it will go. I need this course to give me the confidence to make beautiful sliding turns down the local gravel farm roads - wow what a feeling! Donuts Derek - really? They wet the pad and have you do donuts?

Looking for some feedback on showing up really early on the day before. Spring Mountain reception said check-in is at 3 pm, but if I show up at the COS at noon just to observe will they send me packing?

I am so pumped for this I might start counting sleeps. :happy:

Friday past, I booked the 2 day package at Spring Mountain for April 10 & 11. Based on everything stated on this forum it will be an amazing experience. My wife loves Vegas so the compromise is 2 nights Spring Mountain and 4 nights Cesar's - I think she won. Life moves fast and in our early 70's this is an incredible opportunity. My lady of 52 years likes her slot machines and I like cars - so we stay happy.

Based on all your exposures at Spring Mountain, what would you guess is the percentage of old farts taking this course? I am a bit concerned about showing up to find myself in a group of youngsters - you know, 50 and under! You 50 and under guys are all great but us old guys don't want to be embarrassed you know. I really like that the younger guys are ready to buy the beer.

My sports car history is all about 4 banger Brits. Driving the Vette is a wonderful experience but I am a bit intimidated by the power in corners. I have the feel and confidence to drift the little MGB through a dirt corner but I can't more then crawl through the same turn with the Vette. I don't have a feel for when the ass-end will cut loose and how far it will go. I need this course to give me the confidence to make beautiful sliding turns down the local gravel farm roads - wow what a feeling! Donuts Derek - really? They wet the pad and have you do donuts?

Looking for some feedback on showing up really early on the day before. Spring Mountain reception said check-in is at 3 pm, but if I show up at the COS at noon just to observe will they send me packing?

I am so pumped for this I might start counting sleeps. :happy:
I am envious :thumbs: Good for you and good for making it a time away to share with your Wife too.
You are saying your Wife "won" in the plan-making and this is before you depart for Las Vegas Baby ... so stay with that ... for now :thumbs:! When you come back and create a follow-up post about your experience, I will not be surprised to hear "who won" differently. You should have little to worry with your age and your driving style. The class is divided into groups and regardless of age, it's driving style that will determine much of it. You will be comfortable, they pretty much assure you of that. If you are matched up with "youngsters", it's because your driving styles match. The wet pavement experience made for great dinner conversation (we shared our time together during which my Wife was enjoying her COS experience). :thumbs:
As your trip nears, you might build with anxiety as many will. Within the first few on-track sessions, it will all settle down and don't be surprised if you will no longer be looking at your speed. I was in a Stingray (April 2017) and watched my Wife have the time of her life a year later (April 2018). The Corvette experience is an awesome on-track and off-track experience - for when the tires are warm (point learned).

Showing up early ... no problem. There will be things to keep you busy and Pahrump is not too far away for scoping out some eating establishments. There is a Winery Dinner Experience that is absolutely Great ... a real treat ($$$).

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread