appalooza

I'm New Here
Quebec
Apr 19, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
QC
Hi,
I placed an order for a 2021 corvette last october in a dealership in Québec and my status hasn't changed since. Meaning to this day my order hasn't been accepted by GM. All I have is a number on the preliminary order form the dealer gave me and every time I reach out to them they tell me they haven't heard back from GM. This morning I called the concierge line and obviously, they don't have anything on file with the number I gave them. Is this normal???

I know this car is in demand and that dealerships have quotas and all but I thought since this was a sold order it was different. Am I wrong???

Thanks in advance for any input,
PC.

I'm not sure what "number" and "preliminary order" you're referring to. Hopefully it's the OrderWorkBench direct from GM and if so, the order number on it has 6 letters. If you have something else, ask your dealer for a copy of the OrderWorkBench. But if you've already got all that, then you should be in the system and GM Concierge should be able to track your order down. That's all I have to offer you and I'll ask that the "all-knowledgeable" Murray chime in with more sage advice.

Reactions: Barry Shulman
Two questions for your dealer.

1. Do you have allocation for my order?
2. What is the status of my order in Workbench.

You need to get to status 2000 for things to move forward. The descriptions of the status codes are below (thanks to Nik for this from one of his posts)

Order Status Codes and what they mean:
Order On Hold at Dealership
1100 Order Placed at Dealership; preliminarily accepted by GM Computer. Note: This does NOT mean that GM guarantees that your car will be produced, as that only occurs at status code 2000, but means that the order was properly filled out into the computer, e.g., required boxes filled out — but nothing more than that.
1101 Order Entered into System
1102 Order Entered via Web
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet: GM has accepted and will produce your Corvette as ordered.
2001 Order Generated to Dealer
2005 Order Replaced with GM Prospective Order
2030 Order Edited by Chevrolet
2050 Order Changed
2500 Order Preferenced (or “Picked Up” or “Imaged”), Sent to Production
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to Sequence (now becomes more stable)
3300 Order Selected and Scheduled for Production by Assembly Plant (TPW or Target Production Week usually available now)
3400 Order Broadcasted for Production (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed (Note: a “B”, not an“8”): Car is waiting transportation by transporter
4D00 12/2/13 On hold (Quality Control Checks)
4106 Bailment Released (Vehicle has left plant property).
4150 Vehicle Invoiced (Dealer Billed/Order is invoiced to the dealer)
4200 Vehicle Shipped (Vehicle is shipped to the dealer or point of delivery)
4300 Intermediate Delivery (Interim transfer; processing transfer to QC or vendor)
4V03 Estimated Delivery Date
4800 Rail Ramp Unload (Note, an “8” – not a “B”)
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer
9000 Order Cancelled

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021

Reactions: appalooza
If appalooza has placed his "order" (assuming that really means only a deposit, so no allocation received and no WorkBenchOrder has been created) with a small dealership that gets very few allocations and it's unlikely he'll get a 2021 allocation even after he's been waiting for 6 months, then he/she should seriously question if a 2022 allocation is likely to occur. The dealership should have some idea of future allocations, based upon what 2020 C8's were actually received and subtracting any 2021 C8 allocations already given by GM to the dealership. I'd also be unhappy after waiting 6 months and being no further ahead and still in the dark. The dealer should have been more informative about the likelihood of getting an allocation. So perhaps appalooza should consider finding another dealership that gets more allocations and provides better info.

Reactions: appalooza
Your status won't change until your dealership assigns an allocation to your order.

In order to figure out when you might get the allocation you need to ask your dealership how many 2020 allocations they received to give you an estimate of how many Corvettes they get a year. You then need to ask them what your position is in line, assuming they have a waitlist and they pull from this list when allocations come in.

From there you can do some basic math to determine when you might get allocation based on the number of Corvettes they sold last year and your position in line.

Until you have an allocation, which your dealership will call you for, your "order" is simply a deposit to wait in line, you haven't actually ordered a car, you're waiting for your turn to order a car.

Sold orders simply mean that the dealership is letting GM know the car they are asking for with their allocation is for a customer and not for inventory. Everything in the system is a sold order due to the demand. Under normal circumstances if dealerships were ordering cars for the showroom GM would prioritize a sold order vs a retail inventory order but since everything is a sold order it doesn't matter and makes no difference.