This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Corvette Newbie - waiting lists

It depends how many persons are also at 1100 in front of you. Ask your dealership he would have the best answer.
what are the chances of being at Status 1100 for 2021 C8 and getting it this last batch?
Exactly, 1100 status means nothing really...any dealer gets that status as soon as they enter your order into WorkBench. GM doesn't even "see" the order at that status, it has to be matched to a dealer allocation. Once your dealer gets an allocation, your order is then "matched" to it, and then GM accepts the order and it goes to 2000 status. For the most part, unless you are at status 2000 right now (or higher), you most likely are NOT getting a 2021 model, even some late 2000 status holders are nervous right now, nothing is guaranteed until 3000 status. I would ask your dealer what number on their list you are currently at, and how many allocations they have currently and anticipate getting. If they can't tell you that basic info, well, you know you're answer.

Reactions: Maximus74
Ok thanks for info. I'm number 1 spot with 1100 not sure if it makes a difference. Dealer says they have no idea except that I'm number 1. They say they only recieved 1 this year so far as opposed to 12 last year.

Reactions: Andrew Spencer
I recommend going with Bill Spencer Chev. I put my deposit down with @Andrew Spencer in Sept 2020 and he told me I should have my C8 HTC by Spring 2021. I was #45 on Spencer's list at the time I placed my deposit. My C8 was built May 5th, 2021 (even with a number of production pauses from the time I placed my deposit until my C8 was built). Also, Admin Fee at Spencers is much lower than $895. On every occasion, interactions with Andrew Spencer have been honest, accurate and timely.

Agree 100%. Best advice given on here, and so glad I put my deposit with BS Chev. @Andrew Spencer took time to speak with me (virtually) and we went back and forth over builds, and the history of his family run dealership, etc. Very personable and I felt I had made the right choice immediately. Can't wait to meet him and his team when I pick up my C8 next year! (God willing).

Thanks Wade! You’ll be behind the wheel in no time now. And maybe we need to raise our admin fee

Jim is a stand up guy for sure My dealings with him have always been enjoyable.

Reactions: dncc58

Hi Steve, these numbers you have for BC are, in my opinion, not believable. Also, it seems like you back tracked on what you said if you gave them a deposit of $2500?

If you take 500 down I could send you that and get put on your list. If you require more than I’ll just stay on Cullen’s. Not interested in putting down thousands to get put on a list for a car I’ll be waiting for, for at least a year or more. Let me no.

thx Steve

Hi Andrew,

Yes I did, I got my deposit back from Barry Cullen and went with Brian Cullen. We'll see when the car shows up. I'm sure no one expecting extra down weeks at BG. Never the less I'm sure a car will arrive next spring/summer.

Talk to me privately about dealing with a "country" dealer. I was on the Mike Fair list in June 2019. After doing more research on allocations, I added my name at Taylors in Kingston in October 2019. Tom Dundon told me straight out: you will not get a 2020 but may be able to get a late 2021. Tom kept me informed every step of the journey. I never got a good response from Mike Fair. I was tempted today to pull in as I went by, that way I could show them what the car looks like. I believe they have an allocation of 1.
Just saying....
My C8 is in my driveway today, It would probably be a C9 if I had waited in line at Mike Fairs

Will do Dana. I'm in a good position with Spencer's in Cobourg for a 2022. Will chat. Thank you.

Go to a large dealer and order what you want. I ordered my in July...

What is Bill Spencer's like for those that purchased there recently? (If they don't mind saying.....if not, I fully understand). I got dinged with a $999 "dealer fee" here in Ottawa on a simple Mustang GT, and was told "that is our standard admin fee on all new cars...". I was able to negotiate it down a bit, but only because we bought 3 new cars from them in less than a year and half.... ouch. I understand everyone "has to eat"... but don't appreciate gouging customer's and then lying about it either.

Reactions: Gilles27
Niblett charged me $899 plus a $300 tire warranty. My salesman was great but those fees will most likely take me to Bill Spencer’s for my next one.

Brien Cullen charges $249 dealer fee and that it

Reactions: Gilles27