This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Corvette Indoor Storage and Humidity

Jan 25, 2024
Vaughan, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Awaiting C8
Province
ON
Hello,
I am new to the board, expecting my C8 2lt this spring hopefully. One of the questions I have is about humidity levels inside indoor storage areas, ie. garages. My garage is not vented, heated and I do see the humidity jump up to 70-80% at times during the winter. After running a dehimidifier, I can get it to drop to 50%.

Anyone else have solutions/ideas?

Regards,
David

Reactions: 1st Vette
Welcome David!!
You shouldn't have any issues. I had humidity get behind the plastic lens on the gauge panel in one of my Camaros because it was outside covered in snow even though covered with a car cover. Never had issues storing the car in the barn or the garage though. Covered, not covered or partially covered.

I have never seen or used this product but perhaps it might be worth a look. Interesting concept and pretty reasonable price. Should also keep out rodents and no need for a typical cover for storage which are kind of pointless to begin with IMUHO . And welcome to CCF !

Last edited:
Reactions: Murray20c8
Ya, I've seen similar "bags". Cool idea.

I am thinking to look at an Alorair unit... to capture all the humidity.. I think the car bubbles or condom would still trap moisture if there is a high humidity condition in the garage.... ie. snow/slush being tracked in during winter by other vehicles...
Guess it really depends on your conditions.

The one I linked uses a moisture control cylinder which incorporates a sensor and they claim it will keep humidity below 50% . No power required . Run a dehumidifier for a while before you “ bag “ the car and it should be fine. The bag is apparently sealed from the air once closed. Sounds good to me. Then again Nortel sounded good to a lot of people!

Reactions: Murray20c8
Move to Alberta. I have 3 humidifiers in my shop just to keep the humidity from 35% to 40% in the winter for my guitars. I go between 300 and 400 litres of water for them each winter.

Move to Alberta. I have 3 humidifiers in my shop just to keep the humidity from 35% to 40% in the winter for my guitars. I go between 300 and 400 litres of water for them each winter.

View attachment 119305
I noticed before you don't seem to have any insulation in there.

Users who are viewing this thread