YNOT

I'm New Here
Mar 7, 2011
New Hamburg, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2009 Z06
I have a 2009 Z06 and I am thinking of changing the exhaust to a litle more aggressive sound. I was looking at the Borla exhaust but not sure what it will sound like. Has anyone changed their exhaust and what do you recommend?

I have a 2009 Z06 and I am thinking of changing the exhaust to a litle more aggressive sound. I was looking at the Borla exhaust but not sure what it will sound like. Has anyone changed their exhaust and what do you recommend?

The Borla's will drone and drive you crazy . There are a few that I use and have installed which sound great and no drone .

Option (1) is to mod your current exhaust . I have done quite a few with great results . I open up the cans and close off the perforated pipe and remove the sound dampener , reweld up the can's and install a switch that allows you to control the valves (MILD TO WILD SWITCH)
( so you can open them or close them as you wish )
Total cost $650.00 (parts / labor /HST included )

SOUND LINK:YouTube - modified Z06 mufflers with mild to wild

Option (2) Corsa exhaust with quad 4' tips $1950.00 installed all in

SOUND LINK:YouTube - Corsa Exhaust Installed on Corvette C6 Z06 @ Serious Autosport

Option (3) C6 Z06 and ZR1 Akrapovic EVO Exhaust $4657.00 installed all in

SOUND LINK:YouTube - Corvette Z06 Akrapovic Auspuff Soundcheck Exhaust

I just In Cambridge , just off the 401 .

Last edited:
Interesting. Do you modify the exhaust yourself and if do you have a vette or know one that I can listen to?

I do modify them right here and before your eyes if you wish . Of the ones I have done , the cars have been sold to new owners , some of them are still members here so they might chime in .
I don't have a current live version that I can have you hear

This is a very nice mod that works great and you can fully control it from a button on the shift knob : This is the actual part that I use . I am a distributor for LG Motorsports in Ontario, Canada

LINK:LG Motorsports

Last edited:
I have to deal with the neighbors smoker in the summer and he doesn't tell me when he's gonna use it so I get to have a nice hickory smoke stink in my house if my windows are open so he can take the extra blast of my vette with cam,headers and no cats lol.
[mob][/mob]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.