Very nice video. A dealer in the US sold 83 in one weekend. The car is not sold out. Some dealers have their allocations sold out. I also read that GM is charging dealers upwards of $12,000 to bring and show the C8 at the dealership. This car looks awesome and can't wait to see it in real life.

Very nice video. A dealer in the US sold 83 in one weekend. The car is not sold out. Some dealers have their allocations sold out. I also read that GM is charging dealers upwards of $12,000 to bring and show the C8 at the dealership. This car looks awesome and can't wait to see it in real life.
Dealer here - Carters 20 allocated for 2020 - all accounted for - 10 to current corvette owners, the balance to newbies - bodes well for the C8. MSRP only no mark-up - company policy.

Dealer here - Carters 20 allocated for 2020 - all accounted for - 10 to current corvette owners, the balance to newbies - bodes well for the C8. MSRP only no mark-up - company policy.
Hey, I'm new on this forum. Was wondering if you had any insight on MSRP for us Canadians since you're a dealer in BC. Also, any idea on how late we'll get cars compared to our friends over in the US? My dealer here in Toronto has told me he basically has no info at all yet.. pretty frustrating.

Reactions: GM MUSL
I'm thinking early fall before our dealers have the info and late spring before we see arrivals in Canada. GM has limited production of the C8 with lots of constraints in colours and options. They're bound up by the suppliers for parts.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Hey, I'm new on this forum. Was wondering if you had any insight on MSRP for us Canadians since you're a dealer in BC. Also, any idea on how late we'll get cars compared to our friends over in the US? My dealer here in Toronto has told me he basically has no info at all yet.. pretty frustrating.
$60,000

US base @ $60K would put CDN base at 1/3 more with the exchange rate I would think.
If the CDN base is only $70K the US guys will be flooding up here to buy em all
That's what I thought as well Richard but the rumour mill has it starting at 70k here. Maybe they're expecting a surge in the CDN dollar value.... If so, it's about time.

Factory-fresh Cars are not imported and sold here like factory-fresh boats are. New Boats are sold in Canada based on the exchange rate. New Automobiles are a different racket (not based from exchange rate) with restrictions when importing either direction. Ever wonder why lease-backs and certain used late-models in Canada tend to head South of the 49th from dealerships here ....

(I only know of this with the big 3 though - I have no idea how the other makes work)

Last edited:
Canadian pricing model will likely be similar to the C7's. I don't see a 30% + increase in Canadian prices to account for the US $$ difference. The C7 started at $54,000 CAN when it first appeared in the Canadian market, around $48,000 US. A $10,000 difference for the C8 and the exchange factor seems reasonable. Still a bargain given the performance, looks and hopefully quality, IMO.

Canadian pricing model will likely be similar to the C7's. I don't see a 30% + increase in Canadian prices to account for the US $$ difference. The C7 started at $54,000 CAN when it first appeared in the Canadian market, around $48,000 US. A $10,000 difference for the C8 and the exchange factor seems reasonable. Still a bargain given the performance, looks and hopefully quality, IMO.
Had a customer out in AB who would buy pickups brand new, run them for a month and then sell as used in to the US. That was when the $ was at par. So if that price is right then you could buy a C8 every month and sell the "Used" one down in to the US of A

• Agree
Reactions: tyho
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread