gmhzo6

Casual User
Aug 9, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06
I am looking for an OEM C7 Corvette x-pipe. Prefer from a Z06 if possible. Require the 2 cats plus the x-pipe. Basically what most take off to replace with an all new system. I really only need to borrow the OEM x-pipe to take exact measurements. I am willing to buy or really only need to borrow it for a few weeks and then would return. I am in Toronto. Thank you. [email protected]

I believe I still have mine.
Thanks so much Rob. I found what I need. I am working on a custom x-pipe for my C7 Z06 and will advise the forum once I am done. As your profile says Peterborough, please feel free to visit a good Corvette friend of mine who owns Peterborough Kia. Paul is the owner and he has a bunch of cool C2/C3 plus Camaros. Again very kind of you to reply. Regards Greg

Thanks so much Rob. I found what I need. I am working on a custom x-pipe for my C7 Z06 and will advise the forum once I am done. As your profile says Peterborough, please feel free to visit a good Corvette friend of mine who owns Peterborough Kia. Paul is the owner and he has a bunch of cool C2/C3 plus Camaros. Again very kind of you to reply. Regards Greg
Hey I have seen a few of Paul's car collection. Very nice.
Take care

Mine’s in a box after replacing it with a stainless x-pipe. I could take measurements if you like. I also have near new black 19 and 20 inch mags that came with my 2017 ZO6 . I purchased new black with red stripe that was on my build sheet. No idea why the first owner changed them. I guess he had $ to burn. Text 514-947-5746. Sidney

I have completed my x-pipe. Custom hand built at Vibrant Performance. 7 lbs less than stock. 304 Stainless Steel. pipe 3" down to OE 2.75" to match rear section. No need for any parts from forum friends. I would like to thank all that replied, very kind of you.

Attachments

• 20211023_132027.jpg
    20211023_132027.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • Vibrant2.jpg
    Vibrant2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44
I did remove the secondary cats, those are not monitored and cause no issues. OE is 4 cat system. Those 2 other cats would go if you do headers. I am done with exhaust. sounds great but not too loud.
Yes I get that but what I meant was why did you build a whole custom xpipe vs just keeping the oem pipe minus the cats? Agree that the sound is better without the cats for sure

Yes I get that but what I meant was why did you build a whole custom xpipe vs just keeping the oem pipe minus the cats? Agree that the sound is better without the cats for sure
yes could do that but now the pipe is a much smother transitiosn plus pipe goes from 3" at the cats to 2.75 at the muffler end. Lighter also and overall the pipe is straighter, but I keep the OE part intact in the case I need to return to stock.

Reactions: Vern1
Nice. I've been aware that Vibrant sold a huge line of auto goodies, I have some old catalogues. But this is the first time I've heard that they could custom fabricate pipes. Did you investigate the possibility of having a full length of ss tube mandrel bent, before going with Vibrant?
No. Didn't have a contact or know who would be willing to do custom mandrel. Borla stopped making the full length x-pipe and COVID messed up getting anything over the border. If I was to do over I would consider but at what cost.

I have completed my x-pipe. Custom hand built at Vibrant Performance. 7 lbs less than stock. 304 Stainless Steel. pipe 3" down to OE 2.75" to match rear section. No need for any parts from forum friends. I would like to thank all that replied, very kind of you.
Just curious what it cost to get the x pipe built?

Just curious what it cost to get the x pipe built?
More than I wanted. It was a one off custom piece, all done by an engineer who did it during his spare time. It took him longer than he expected. $1700. I am sure he would make another if you wanted but if I do it over, just buy the current Borla part and have the cat section of the pipe custom made to fit. Live & learn. I am happy with a one off part.

Reactions: Russell
Another option that I did was just buy an oem pipe and cut the cats off. I found an oem for $100 and had a custom muffler shop cut off the cats and weld in a straight piece with the flange for $300.

Bonus was that I sold the cut off cats to a recycler (they want the platinum/palladium) for $150 so net cost was $250 total. I wanted the oem pipe in case I ever wanted to put it back to stock (not sure why I ever would but...)

If you don't care about going back to stock the net cost would have been $150.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.