Love the accountant in the passenger seat comment. It only becomes a problem when the accountant does an audit. Hide the books.
:angelic:
I have a 2015 Z51 with ARH mids, high flow cats, Borla catless x-pipe, B & B Bullets, no NPP (deleted and removed) and a Halltech carbon CAI. The AFM valves have been removed and the function deleted via a tune. The car is loud all the time, but reasonable, unless it's at wot. I think the headers will give you the sound you're looking for. If not, the mufflers are next. Enjoy.

Longtubes are definitely worth it in terms of performance gains and sound, and helps to set you up for other mods down the road. I do need to make a bit of a correction here though, and that is that you do not have to get Corsa headers to go with your x-pipe. I've never actually even heard of Corsa headers, as far as I know they make pipes and mufflers, but not headers. I could be wrong, but regardless - Pipes are pipes and although you may need to extend or expand some pipes to get things to fit, you can choose any brand of headers that you wish. I use American Racing Headers, but Kooks are also highly recommended for their performance and more importantly, their fitment. If you have to hammer a dent into a header to get it to fit, you are kinda defeating the purpose.

I would also like to add that H-pipes and X-pipes are usually used in forced induction or nitrous cars where the back-pressure can cause unwanted restrictions, and is typically added after you have done other modifications first. I guess my point here is that adding one in will not do anything to change your volume unless you are removing the catalytic converters and replacing that section with an X-pipe.

Sorry for the long story in my previous post, that was unnecessary.

I stand corrected. I was told that the corsa xpipe was going to be too long for any other long tube header brand which is why I brought up the corsa headers. I was originally looking to pair up my corsa xpipe with arh long tubes too but I might actually go with arh mids corsa xpipe and stock npp exhaust.

Reactions: Dantanman
Love the accountant in the passenger seat comment. It only becomes a problem when the accountant does an audit. Hide the books.
:angelic:
I have a 2015 Z51 with ARH mids, high flow cats, Borla catless x-pipe, B & B Bullets, no NPP (deleted and removed) and a Halltech carbon CAI. The AFM valves have been removed and the function deleted via a tune. The car is loud all the time, but reasonable, unless it's at wot. I think the headers will give you the sound you're looking for. If not, the mufflers are next. Enjoy.

I’m thinking of picking up the arh mids with high flow cats. I have yet to decide if I want a tune on my 19 gs or wait. I was told that the newer arh mids with cats don’t require a tune. I know you mentioned you did a tune on yours. How much gains did you end up with?

Sorry OP if you feel like I’m hijacking the thread I can start a new one 👍🙂

Reactions: Dantanman
I’m thinking of picking up the arh mids with high flow cats. I have yet to decide if I want a tune on my 19 gs or wait. I was told that the newer arh mids with cats don’t require a tune. I know you mentioned you did a tune on yours. How much gains did you end up with?

No worries, all informative posts!

No tune was required with the headers. Picked up about 15 - 20 hp. Not completely sure as the car was not dyno'd after the header install. The headers are great, lots of positive info. and ARH seems to be the premier supplier of headers with best results.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.