Yep, happy wife. Glad you still have the Corsa and are going to try again.

Interesting about how well mass loading the hatch area worked for you, I've also though about doing that, both for road noise and also improving the stereo, so could be worthwhile to try along with the doors. Pulling the seats, carpet, and console, then doing the whole interior would really do the trick but that's a lot of work.

Yep, happy wife. Glad you still have the Corsa and are going to try again.

Interesting about how well mass loading the hatch area worked for you, I've also though about doing that, both for road noise and also improving the stereo, so could be worthwhile to try along with the doors. Pulling the seats, carpet, and console, then doing the whole interior would really do the trick but that's a lot of work.
Great..do it and ket us know..

I ordered sound deadener yesterday so will be getting into it soon and will report back. I'm thinking of doing the hatch area and the doors, but not the floor and tunnel as I don't want to take out the whole interior. I may do behind the seats if that carpet looks easily removable.

Reactions: ddgermann
I installed the sound deadener in the hatch area, it worked great, and cut down on the road noise on the highway. I didn't have enough to do the doors, so will have to get some more if I want to do that. The stereo sounds improved, with less low-mid clutter in the rear speakers, and then increased audibility in the mid and high-mid while driving.

Reactions: nascar03
I installed the sound deadener in the hatch area, it worked great, and cut down on the road noise on the highway. I didn't have enough to do the doors, so will have to get some more if I want to do that. The stereo sounds improved, with less low-mid clutter in the rear speakers, and then increased audibility in the mid and high-mid while driving.
Which sound deadener did you use?

To the best of my knowledge they should fit.C6 cars used the same exhaust except the Z cars and those with the NPP option.We could discuss free or an exchange “ for an adult beverage of a socialable nature”
Would they give a louder sound than my 06 that is very quiet

Happy ending to my Corsa saga:
I bought a used Corsa 'Touring Conversion' pair of chubby resonators that attach to the cat flanges before the H pipe.
Couldn't be happier. Low rumble at idle and loud enough through the gears that I can rev match on the down shifts. [Couldn't do that with the too quiet stock system]
Still pops and burbles when decelerating but more subtle than with the 'Sport' alone. The 'Block It' helps, no doubt, while noticeably reducing the road noise.
There is still a slight drone just at 1500 rpm when under load but shifting to a different gear solves that problem and keeps the wife happy, not to mention the big
grin on my face.
Thanks to all who offered their advice.

Reactions: ddgermann
Happy ending to my Corsa saga:
I bought a used Corsa 'Touring Conversion' pair of chubby resonators that attach to the cat flanges before the H pipe.
Couldn't be happier. Low rumble at idle and loud enough through the gears that I can rev match on the down shifts. [Couldn't do that with the too quiet stock system]
Still pops and burbles when decelerating but more subtle than with the 'Sport' alone. The 'Block It' helps, no doubt, while noticeably reducing the road noise.
There is still a slight drone just at 1500 rpm when under load but shifting to a different gear solves that problem and keeps the wife happy, not to mention the big
grin on my face.
Thanks to all who offered their advice.
Sport should have 0 drone

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread