May 14, 2020
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
'05 Z51
Province
ON
Hey everyone,

I've recently purchased my first 'Vette - an '05 Z51 Coupe and I am absolutely thrilled with the car so far. It is just about completely stock and I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust to a Corsa Sport axle-back system (#14169) based on research and reading alot of older posts here and other articles. I could use a recommendation from the crew here about where to get this done in the Ottawa area that is reputable and will do the work for a fair price.

I'm somewhat limited on space in my garage so I'm not sure I could manage the install myself so I'm thinking in the best interest of my sanity and the car, a shop would be the best bet. Any recommendations?

Any decent reputation exhaust shop can do it for you. It's an easy 2 hour job. At least was on my 09. Directions came with mine from Corsa. Only thing to watch is make sure the tips are even before final tightening of the clamps.

Hey everyone,

I've recently purchased my first 'Vette - an '05 Z51 Coupe and I am absolutely thrilled with the car so far. It is just about completely stock and I'm looking to upgrade the exhaust to a Corsa Sport axle-back system (#14169) based on research and reading alot of older posts here and other articles. I could use a recommendation from the crew here about where to get this done in the Ottawa area that is reputable and will do the work for a fair price.

I'm somewhat limited on space in my garage so I'm not sure I could manage the install myself so I'm thinking in the best interest of my sanity and the car, a shop would be the best bet. Any recommendations?
Good luck with the install. I had a 03 C5 with hardly any km on it (13,000); but, fro some reason, the stock exhaust was corroded a bit. In any case, I went with Magnaflow system - loved it and great note.

I had a Corsa Sport on my '05 Z51. Sounded great, but, I did have crooked tips. So as Rruff said, make sure they are to your satisfaction before they do their final tighten and/or weld. I wouldn't be surprised if they need adjustment after a year or two either.

EmperorZ
I had a corsa catback exhaust installed on an 03 50th anniversary commemorative edition by Bean Chev/GM in Carleton Place. They did a great job and it was done quickly. You should be able to drive out from Ottawa in 20 - 35 minutes to get the work done.

Hey everyone,

I have an 07 Z51 Convertible with an SLP exhaust. Been thinking of switching to Corsa but want to hear how it sounds and how it is for drone. Would love to touch base with you once you get it installed. I know that the "Honest Wrench" in Manotick does good work....installed my SLP echaust.

I have an 07 Z51 Convertible with an SLP exhaust. Been thinking of switching to Corsa but want to hear how it sounds and how it is for drone. Would love to touch base with you once you get it installed. I know that the "Honest Wrench" in Manotick does good work....installed my SLP echaust.
The Corsa exhausts have no drone. I had Corsa Sports on my 09. If you go to Corsa web site they have vid and sound clips of their systems.You tube also has vids and sounds. The Corsa Sport (from experience) has a throaty growl at idle and a great performance bark when you get on the pedal. It will keep you on the good side of your neighbours if you ease your way out of your block and make you smile when you punch it. If you want more aggressive, the Corsa Exreme model will give it to you but not as subdued at low rpms as the Sport. Neither will have any drone.

The Corsa exhausts have no drone. I had Corsa Sports on my 09. If you go to Corsa web site they have vid and sound clips of their systems.You tube also has vids and sounds. The Corsa Sport (from experience) has a throaty growl at idle and a great performance bark when you get on the pedal. It will keep you on the good side of your neighbours if you ease your way out of your block and make you smile when you punch it. If you want more aggressive, the Corsa Exreme model will give it to you but not as subdued at low rpms as the Sport. Neither will have any drone.

Thanks for the info but not spending that much money based only on sound from a video.... I want to hear it in person.....

Hey everyone,

fe

A properly constructed system has the sound frequencies and vibration adjusted and controlled at cruising rpms. Corsa tunes their exhausts especially for this. You don't pay top dollar just for some pipes and Canadian tire mufflers welded together. If you just want sound, forget a new exhaust and just drill some 1/2 inch holes in the bottoms of your mufflers. I had a Corsa system on my C6 so am not just talking out my a$$.

A properly constructed system has the sound frequencies and vibration adjusted and controlled at cruising rpms. Corsa tunes their exhausts especially for this. You don't pay top dollar just for some pipes and Canadian tire mufflers welded together. If you just want sound, forget a new exhaust and just drill some 1/2 inch holes in the bottoms of your mufflers. I had a Corsa system on my C6 so am not just talking out my a$$.

I guess my concern is when not at cruising speed in the city does drone come into play. It sure did on my C5 with Magnaflow catbacks. Drone I mean a sound that you have a hard time speaking...

Cruising RPMs are basically the same whether you are cruising on the highway or in the city. If you are city cruising in first or second gear at 4000 rpms, you won't have a hard time speaking.... but you may have a hard time hearing..... Plus you will likely get a speeding ticket....

• Haha
Reactions: tyho
Cruising RPMs are basically the same whether you are cruising on the highway or in the city. If you are city cruising in first or second gear at 4000 rpms, you won't have a hard time speaking.... but you may have a hard time hearing..... Plus you will likely get a speeding ticket....
My 06 vette is a 6 sp. automatic...so first and second gear are well under 1000 rpms because I do a lot of city drive and from what you say there should be 0 drone at these rpms. in the city up to 50 kms?

My 06 vette is a 6 sp. automatic...so first and second gear are well under 1000 rpms because I do a lot of city drive and from what you say there should be 0 drone at these rpms. in the city up to 50 kms?
Sorry. Don't know know squat about automatics but maybe someone here does. Well under 1000 RPMs is also pretty foreign to me....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.