It's how they've set it up Al....not sure why.
Last draw I purchased for Riley then I put his name was put on them and took a pic of his ticket with his name and ticket number for him and I kept the tickets here until the draw.

C.

You would think that they would sell a lot more tickets if it were Canada wide. Would gladly fly out to pick up a car if I won it. Have to get Manny to alter this. As usual, "Ontario", the center of the universe.
(Oh Manny can you hear this call for equality?)

You would think that they would sell a lot more tickets if it were Canada wide. Would gladly fly out to pick up a car if I won it. Have to get Manny to alter this. As usual, "Ontario", the center of the universe.
(Oh Manny can you hear this call for equality?)

Sorry Al -- I'm still waiting for a call back from them at Coping to get an explanation.

A way around the problem is to get someone to buy the tickets for you here. Of course it must be someone you trust. :D

C.

Hi CCO, would it be eligible to have someone like you to buy the ticket(s), and of course then put my name address etc. on the ticket then? What I'm asking would I still be eligible despite the fact that I live outside of Ontario? If you get in touch with them, maybe ask them just that particular question.
Thanks......
Al...

Hi CCO, would it be eligible to have someone like you to buy the ticket(s), and of course then put my name address etc. on the ticket then? What I'm asking would I still be eligible despite the fact that I live outside of Ontario? If you get in touch with them, maybe ask them just that particular question.
Thanks......
Al...

I'm pretty sure the name has to be an ONtario name on the tickets. That's what I did for Riley last year: my name went on the tickets and I have the tickets and put his name on them and email a pic of his tickets (in my name).
If I won the car then it would be transferred to him.

I'll double check the rules when they phone me back to be sure.

Colin.

Just got a definitive answer from COPING - The tickets have to be bought here by out of province residents to be eligible purchasers -- their Lottery license has that restriction apparently.

Only way around it is for someone here to buy in their name and transfer the win to the purchaser just like I did for Riley last year.

Colin.

I thought last year I had to cover the tax if I won.

I phoned again to ask about tickets and winning and taxes and such and you remembered correctly Riley:

Apparently tax free to a winner who buys a ticket here in Ontario. Tickets can only be sold to people buying them here -- even tho they may live outside the province, if they come here they can buy tickets in their own name and address.

Only way around it is to have someone who lives here buy tickets for you and transfer the ownership to you -- which would be taxable on transfer.

I"ve done this for Riley and will again if he wishes and will for anyone out there who wishes a ticket or 2 just let me know. You can mail the $$$ or use Paypal if you wish.

What I did for Riley is purchase his tickets in my name and added his name on the tickets and sent a photo of them to confirm his numbers and his tickets.

I'd really love to see someone here who we know win the big prize..

Colin.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread