Jan 27, 2010
Komoka Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
Province
ON
Thought I should ask this question here. I have a 2008 and recently was lucky enough to get a rock in the rad and had to buy a replacement. Never really paid all that much attention to what exact Temp it was running at, What temp does everyones C6 with the LS3 engine run at ? Mine is 90 C

Thought I should ask this question here. I have a 2008 and recently was lucky enough to get a rock in the rad and had to buy a replacement. Never really paid all that much attention to what exact Temp it was running at, What temp does everyones C6 with the LS3 engine run at ? Mine is 90 C

Larry 90 deg is right around where you should be .

[email protected]

Will go up to the 1st fan temp limit that will kick in, then if you have the air on
or go too high in temp the 2nd fan will kick in. First fan cycling will bring you
down from the 103 to you 90 then will kick in when the temp goes up again etc.

Hey Manny, what is the problem with higher temperatures? Are high temperatures bad because the physical temperature can wreck something in the engine or is it bad only because it could cause the fuel to detonate early throwing off the timing (which could wreck something)?

What is the worst engine you have seen? Have you ever seen anyone melt one down?

Hey Manny, what is the problem with higher temperatures? Are high temperatures bad because the physical temperature can wreck something in the engine or is it bad only because it could cause the fuel to detonate early throwing off the timing (which could wreck something)?

What is the worst engine you have seen? Have you ever seen anyone melt one down?

Too much heat can cause serious problems,becuase heat causes metal to expand. The hotter the engine gets the tighter tolerences become , until there are no more tolerences left. Overheating can cause valve stems to gall and stick, and pistons to scuff and seize. Aluminium heads can warp and crack , becuase they have a higher coefficient of thermal expansion than iron .Your head head gasket is also prone to failure due to overheating .
So in short overheating or running too hot can result in major engine failure.

So it is very important to run at a safe operating temp's.

Thx
[email protected]

Last edited:

Not due to temps Riley but I saw pics of a acura GSX-R engine... the guy was doing around 150km/h in fifth and wanted more power so went for four... problem??? he put it in SECOND.. instant paperweight... showed pics of parts in the oil pan where the largest was no bigger than a pencil eraser with the exception of what you could tell was once a conn rod

I did have a Honda CRX years ago and the car could do almost 8k rpm and still stay in one piece, had a ton of mods on it though.

crx4.jpg

crx3p.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.