Thanks ,I read all the posts and there is some good info but doesn't address the issue PerfectFord and I have .It's like the top is slightly faded but it's been kept inside and clean .The wear points like PF are getting noticeably lighter.

I'm going to see if my local body shop could dye it black black .

Thanks all :D

Same problem here,I have wear marks that are a little lighter, tried Raggtopp but that didn't help, what's next a black sharpie? There must be something that could darken it up a little.
I was actually going to order RaggTopp as I read that it is supposed to bring the black richness back. I have the same minor fading occurring which I would also like to get rid of. Even though Raggtopp may not bring the deep colour back I may need to still get it just to add that water proofing protection. If anybody has tried a product that really works, I am also interested.

Found the answer I was looking for .I was into my friendly body shop and the owner said to bring the car in during the early summer months and he would spray dye the top .He claims it is fairly inexpensive ,fast and will last for years .He showed me a Mustang he did last fall and it was what I wanted for color .

Found the answer I was looking for .I was into my friendly body shop and the owner said to bring the car in during the early summer months and he would spray dye the top .He claims it is fairly inexpensive ,fast and will last for years .He showed me a Mustang he did last fall and it was what I wanted for color .
That sounds great. I wonder if that is something available at most body shops? Something I would be interested in hearing more about. Please keep us posted.

That sounds great. I wonder if that is something available at most body shops? Something I would be interested in hearing more about. Please keep us posted.

I think it should be common to most body shops that do restorations .

My 69 had a white top that ya just couldn't keep white and/or clean and I had it done .It was like $100 but that was in 1984 .My concern was that the 69 had a vinyl top and the 08 is canvas .

The fellow at the body shop told me that it's the same product that the auto industry uses to dye the original tops .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.