With the strike and our GM “love” for Canada allocations does anyone have a good idea as to how many will come to the great white for 2020 model year ?

The only fact I know is the first year of the C7 (2014), 37,288 cars were produced of which 1,193 came to "the great white". No one has been able to tell me anything besides wild guesses, BS, and speculations for the C8. I will be surprised if we get more than 500 as GM will be promoting this car hard to the overseas markets and I doubt they will build more than 30,000, but I've been wrong before....

• Agree
Reactions: tyho and NOSOUPFORU
Update for November 28, 19:

No changes.

Screenshot (94).png

Sorry if I seem anti GM, unashamedly I am, introduce a new high end car then can't paint it the colour you want. Great planning maybe another taxpayer bailout will let them buy some paint.
Every major model change with the Corvette, it is the same old story. They play the old hard to get game, might not get game, exclusive game, to sucker guys into buying whatever is available or perhaps losing out. If you want exclusive, you guy a Mercedes McLaren at $750K or more. If it is only the Corvette line actually having all these problems, then perhaps it is time to send in some efficiency experts and clear out the dead wood. I was a tool and die maker at GM for 41 years and this line they are putting out just doesn't add up. I'm cynical, right up there with Black 03 Z06. If GM wants to talk high end, then they had better start using some quality leather on the seats and build more reliable electronics or fewer of them. When I hear of the electrical problems that guys are having, I am almost thinking of moving on.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Agree. I think 500 is even a stretch for Canada for this first model year given the late start situation and all ...
my guess last spring was 250 but I got laughed at.... :rofl:

In 2017 I got the first ZL1 delivered to Canada. We only got 50.... I really think your 250 is far more probable than 500 at this point...

Are you getting Z51? What dealership?
Z51 won't be shipped until mid/late April anyway, so you're not going to experience much, if any, added delay.

Edited to add: I think Canadians are getting the short end of the stick, not with TPW delays, but that you're only 1 of 7 Canadians who have an order accepted by GM!
What dealer is this? That's terrible news! I feel sorry for the people who have a deposit at that dealership.

Yes...I apologize..... I suppose the only discussion here should be about "Constraint Updates"...:Lurk5:

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Just released: Constraints for December 5, 2019

*NO ALLOCATIONS FOR CANADA*

Screenshot (96).png

Changes:

Long Beach Red Tintcoat is now less than 4 weeks until removed from constraints list.

Update for December 12, 2019

Screenshot (99).png

Interesting that it says "No allocations this week" but some members of the forum are having their orders accepted. Confused, but oh well.

Here's what I can say: If your order is in line to be accepted, you can only get:

A 2LT or 3LT Coupe in Ceramic Matrix Grey Metallic, Sebring Orange Tintcoat, Black or Shadow Grey Metallic.

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of similar-looking 2020 Corvettes in the first couple of months. :p

Luckily they're going to be so rare, the odds of seeing two together, short of a regional meeting, is slim.

Any updates on the full ground effects in carbon flash? It was originally on constraint/ late availability then once the strike finished they said all constraints were lifter but I still can’t see it in any system ??

As far as I am aware, there currently is no option for a Carbon Flash-painted ground effects package, only Visible Carbon Fiber... For about $5,500.

Any updates on the full ground effects in carbon flash? It was originally on constraint/ late availability then once the strike finished they said all constraints were lifter but I still can’t see it in any system ??

As far as I am aware, there currently is no option for a Carbon Flash-painted ground effects package, only Visible Carbon Fiber... For about $5,500.

That’s what I was afraid of. Thx

That’s what I was afraid of. Thx

iOS Image - 3024787660.jpg

According to AutoBook Pro - the software we use for building vehicles - does not have Carbon Flash as an option. It might become available in the future, but right now there's nothing for it.

It will be an LPO (dealer-installed), so it's always something you can order from parts later and have installed.

According to AutoBook Pro - the software we use for building vehicles - does not have Carbon Flash as an option. It might become available in the future, but right now there's nothing for it.

It will be an LPO (dealer-installed), so it's always something you can order from parts later and have installed.

Thanks E!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.