Jan 19, 2013
Oakville Ontario Canada
VetteCoins
Car
1975 Stingray
Hello, I am from Oakville and am looking at a 2005 C6 Corvette in Waterdown. Looks great and has low kilometers, here are the details and a link to the ad in Autotrader:

2005 Corvette, Daytona Sunset Orange with Black Leather, Z51 handling package, six speed manual, heads up, nav, power seats, etc. Both roofs, added Corsa exhaust (have original), summer and winter covers. Canadian car, well maintained, all fluids changed. Mature owner. Always in garage and not winter driven. Must be seen.
$32,000 or BO. can store until spring, cert. and e-tested.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette ? WATERDOWN ? For Sale

Does anyone know a good shop for an inspection? Any issues to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Kelly

:canada:

Hello, I am from Oakville and am looking at a 2005 C6 Corvette in Waterdown. Looks great and has low kilometers, here are the details and a link to the ad in Autotrader:

2005 Corvette, Daytona Sunset Orange with Black Leather, Z51 handling package, six speed manual, heads up, nav, power seats, etc. Both roofs, added Corsa exhaust (have original), summer and winter covers. Canadian car, well maintained, all fluids changed. Mature owner. Always in garage and not winter driven. Must be seen.
$32,000 or BO. can store until spring, cert. and e-tested.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette ? WATERDOWN ? For Sale

Does anyone know a good shop for an inspection? Any issues to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Kelly

Hi Kelly , my name is Manny and I the owner of Dasilva Motorsports .
We know a thing a two about Corvette's .
I would be more than happy to inspect the car for you .

Just my $0.02 but we have a member with a mildly modded '06 for marginally more and I'm sure he might barter a little. The 05s had some rear diff issues if you're considering any type of driving that might be considered "enthusiastic" lol.

Good afternoon Formulahawk,

I'll pitch in with my two cents. Manny is working on my car at the moment.

He is attentive enough to have caught things like a missing bolt and a bent arm of some kind when he had it up on the hoist. Things that the mechanics at the GM dealer missed!.

If I was buying a Corvette and it was within driving distance to bring it to Dasilva or if Manny was hireable to drive with you to where the car was I would invest in doing this without a moment of hesitation.

People, like Manny, who seem to live, eat and breath Corvettes (as well as being a Corvette owner themselves) will pick out things that a non-specialized mechanic would miss and probably be able to give you a much more comprehensive evaluation of the vehicle. If you are serious about dropping 30 plus K for a C6 then spending a few 100 to make sure you're not going to be getting a problem car is the best investment you'll ever make.

Run of the mill vehicles I'd maybe use Lemonbusters or an AMA inspection but for a Corvette you want someone who knows these things backward, forward, inside and out.

That means Dasilva.

Run to them, have a better Corvette experience.........

Cheers,

Garry

Nooooooooooo Don't go to Dasilva! He'll have you excited about future mods before you even bought the car!:rofl:

In truth, Manny will help you out and give you a straight honest answer. I would trust him with my car and his opinion on any future purchases.

6232013-20121012221205814-orig.jpg
[/IMG]

I got my 2005 for 29000--similar options as yours, and cherry!

Difference was mine had 85k when purchased. I think most of the bad rear-ends in these have been identified.

It's a great car, and if it's the colour and options you want, take the plunge. Getting ev ery last penny saved on the deal shouldn't matter--as long as the deal is fair.

Good luck on your purchase!

Vince.
[mob][/mob]

We paid a little less that that for our 13K mile 2005 last April. It didn't have the Z51 or navigation but otherwise has pretty well everything. The owner cleaned the engine with Q-tips and he only put about 600 miles on the car in the previous year. It was spotless. We were close enough to each other on the price that no dickering was required. Anyone asking $30K plus for a 2005 is probably going to be sitting on it for a while.

Last edited:
Every Corvette seller thinks his car is worth more than the true value.
That being said, every Corvette buyer thinks the car he is looking at, is worth less than the asking price.
Have it checked out. Make the guy an offer, work out the best deal between you and the seller and if this is the car you really want, You paid the perfect price.
Good luck with the deal. :canada:

Love DSOM, but for an 05, even with the 3LT package and Z51, the price does seem a bit high. You could get an 08 south of the boarder for that price if you wanted and the 08's with the LS3 are even better. I brought my car up one year ago from NYC and it was a piece of cake.

If you do want to get any Corvette inspected, Manny is the man to do it. He just picked up my car tonight for a little "transformation" (in fact he just PM'd me a pic of it at this shop lol). I wouldn't trust my car anywhere else.

if you are interested, i have a modded 06 Z51 Lemans Blue for sale. spared no expense on the mods, just looking to upgrade to something with back seats (CTS-V) for a few years so i can get more usage out of it with the family loving the car. (The Wife won't let me have both) The car is solid, stock when i bought it and have reciept's for all mods. Also has a 08 Z06 T6060 Tranny with rear end and axles so there will be peace of mind with the bad 05 rear ends. i have it posted in the c6's for sale section. Check it out.

http://www.canadiancorvetteforums.c...anted/3314-2006-modded-z51-sale-458-rwhp.html

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.